Any tank larger than 60cf

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I need any tank that is larger than 60cf, It needs to be cheap, it doesn't have to be in perfect shape, just able to hold air. I will not be using for underwater use, Help me out. I am in Dallas Texas. Thanks

An old steel 72 would be perfect for your use. They are cheap and plentiful. I suggest you check your local Craig's List for one. People who don't know what they are will typically list them for around $150. Let them set on them for a couple of days and then offer $25 to $50. I have eight of these in my garage and have not paid more than $25 for any of them.

The tank will likely be out of Hydro and will have to be tested. Of the ten 72s I have purchased, I have had one fail due to excess rust on the exterior. If the tank has a boot, remove it and inspect for pits. I had one other fail due to internal rust. I believe this one can be fixed by tumbling but it is not worth the effort when they can be picked up so cheap.

Can you fill those tanks up to 3000 psi, cause i need a tank that will hold at least 3000psi.
Anyone have a tank for me???

If you need 3000 psi, get an aluminum 80 cu ft tank. They are the most common tanks around. But look at some of the other threads on SB. There are some problems with some of the older aluminum tanks.

anyone have a scuba tank to sell me. I have an idea of what i need i just need a used one for someone to sell me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom