Any thoughts on the Mares MR 12 Proton Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How good is the Tri-Material Valve vs. the old one ?

Is it more reliable, longer life time, easy to breath ?

-thanks-

It has absolutely no impact on the breathing effort, but is much longer lasting. This is especially true when pressures in excess of 3,000psi are used.

Greg Barlow

Now I know what you are thinking; what is it about the air in Europe that is different from the air in the US? Well, my wife is from Europe (Limey) and I have to admit, she has a totally different air about her.

I hope this helps.

c

There is humor on the 13th floor!!! :rofl3:

How good is the Tri-Material Valve vs. the old one ?

Is it more reliable, longer life time, easy to breath ?

-thanks-

Well it is a lot better they use three three materials the hp seat is a upgraded material softer and more durable, the body is metal for structural support and the use a special anti friction plastic or something for the bit that sits in balancing chamber Mares is quite proud of their little HP poppet

BUY REMEMBER you must still service your reg annually what happens to the Hp poppet is up to the service dude but I trust them for at least 2 years, 200 dives, but that is just me.

OP... the Mares reg. you are asking about is a really good set-up!

They are a workhorse and very durable,,,easy to service and get parts.

I have had one in service for over 4 years.

:wink:

The air up here is thinner.

So is it triscadekaphobia narcosis?

So is it triscadekaphobia narcosis?

You don't really think I am going to waste my 400th post responding to that, do you?

D'oh

c

Ummm....oops!! Guess the 400th slipped by. Congrats on it couv!

H.

Back
Top Bottom