Question MK19 from CascoAntiguo?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JakeyH

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Been looking to buy my first set of regs recently to dive both at home (UK) and travelling. Found a MK19EVO/G260 set with a free octo for €460 at a shop in Spain which would be an absolute steal as far as I'm aware.

That said, having read the reviews of similar places like DiveInn I'm rather weary of this. Was wondering if anyone from the UK had experience buying gear from CascoAntiguo and how it went? Rather worried by this statement:

"Purchases made by residents of countries outside the European Union are subject to VAT in force.
Shipping costs do not include costs (tariffs) on imports. The amount of these fees depends on the regulations in force in each country or territory of destination. Casco Antiguo can't inform about the exact amount of these fees."

Sounds like a convenient way to hide ballooning costs post purchase.

Any answers would be much appreciated.

DiveInn, Gidive, I've had nothing but bad experiences with these two Spanish companies.

Both used to sell outside EU but both got a good slap for it and have since ceased the practice.

Logical or not I'm cautious of online shopping out of Spain now.

Email them and ask🤷‍♂️

Yeah having checked the VAT and customs addons it does seem to jump quite significantly, not even considering what a company like DHL would charge on top of it. Leaves me with ATX40 or XL4 (base, not + or ocea) for around £70 odd more in terms of UK shipped options. Do like the smaller size (and aesthetics, yes how vain of me) of the XL4 to pack away into luggage for travelling but heard mixed reviews about how the 2nd stage fares in really cold water?

Unfortunately, finding a good online store that is serious is a lottery, these two links that I give you, I have bought from them and they have gone well, Divertysub is more expensive than JonásDive, but sometimes they put up some very good offers, I bought a mk11/c370 at the price of mk11 alone, in 24 hours at home. Send them an email before and that they guarantee the stock and tell them that you are in FOROBUCEO is the Spanish forum, they are always afraid that you will give them a bad review in the forum.

Armería Alvarez, also sometimes has an offer and has a cash on delivery payment option, but always email and get confirmation, buying online I only trust when the product is in my hands and I have verified it, in the meantime I am suspicious. Good luck and if you have any questions about it, ask me. Greetings

Back
Top Bottom