Any way to buy a Mares first stage all by itself?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've been using a v32 for 10 years and thought I'd get a second one to keep it company and put them both on my doubles.

I contacted the local distributor in Queensland, Australia, and she informed me that they only sell these regs as a package (1st and 2nd stage, with a shared serial number).

Furthermore I can't order a Mare reg with a DIN fitting as they all come as yoke: if I want din then I'll have to buy the fitting separately.

Is this company policy or is there some way to buy a new Mare first stage, preferably with a DIN fitting, without purchasing the accompanying second stages?

I like the hose routing of the V32 and it would make an good second 1st stage for doubles - but if only they were sold individually.

Cheers,
Rohan.

Hi Rohan,

Mares sells our regulators as 1st & 2nds together, although sometimes you can find a dealer who may have a seperate on hand and will sell it to you this way.

All of our regulators comein both Yoke and Din, but each market stocks what is typical for their area. If willing, they can order you a Din regulator if not you can certainly acquire it elsewhere. Also note, the V32 now uses the Tri-material Poppet and is caled the MR32. Your V32 can be upgraded during normal service.

Regards,

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom