Any word on a fall MegaDive party?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tao of the Dive

Rabid Otter Spotter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any word on an October MegaDive?

Its on the schedule for Halloween weekend. There is a post on it buried under a few pages.

So who is thinking of attending? You can start the list with me.

Too early to tell but hopefully Ill be able to make it!

Can we make this one in fort laudersdale. I was thinking we could do some shore diving.....? Just a thought....

DSW posted a bit of info on the Halloween Megadive here. Anyone with the power want to merge these threads and up the original post?

I hope it stays in cave country, while I'd love to do some shore dives on the East Coast, it makes for one hellova long drive and I wouldn't be able to make a weekend trip out of it. Central FL is midway for everyone. I'm driving ~ 7 hours to Ginnie, surely you East coasters aren't affraid of driving 3-4? :wink:

Prices are posted at Ginnie Springs website, there are no additional costs associated with the event itself, but I'm sure DSW would appreciate donations for everything that he'll be providing. You'd also be appreciated even more if you bring some kind of food to the event.

The problems we found last year were;
HURRICANES!!!! That affected the whole state, but moreso, travel potential for divers.
Ginnie is centrally located.
Ginnie has something for everyone.
Considering this is more for people to get together and have fun, the location issue has been discussed. It seems this is the best location for everyone. I am still planning on another November manatee trip as well. The other problem we were having for South Florida is the "Too far to drive from campsite to divesite" complaints, and parking once everyone gets to the divesites. I hate last minute complications, so until I have more opportunities to see the locations for myself, I'll stick with what we know.
Holly and I are looking at a new mortgage shortly and may be back on track for another family member addition. if these two occur, my entertainment funds will drop to virtually nil!
Travel downstate would be out for me for a while, as would diving for her.
The potential for an October megadive depends on Cane weather again. Last year we had a total of 5 people present. Although we had a great time, the site only re-opened two days before the party. I will not be cutting it so close this year. If we get the closed sign even a week prior, I'll call it due to weather. I may be bumping it to November next year instead of October and snag campsites in or near Crystal River area, thus combining two events. That's still up in the air.
For now, it's still Ginnie Springs, but I haven't had the money to grab the sites yet. Should be reserved this Friday. Check the calendar for more info.

This year will be the 3rd year. The past 2 we fried a turkey for Thanksgiving on the beach. Usually it is the Sat or Sunday before or after Thanksgiving. Boy that is clear right? Anyway that is always fun. We can plan on it again this year if anyone wants!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom