Anybody ever ship their BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jt83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm on a cruise leaving Miami on 1/25. Would like to bring as much of my own gear as possible, but due to luggage restrictions on my flight, I won't be bringing my BC on the plane.

Anyone ever try shipping one? Either to the hotel I'm staying at the day before (Holiday Inn) or a FedEx/UPS location nearby.

never shipped, but you should make sure one of the dump valves is removed to prevent inflation due to reduced pressure. I've been able to get a whole boat load of gear in carryon... Maybe you should get this an an early xmas present to yourself.
Dive Caddy Gen 2 - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL
Well worth it if you travel regularly, can get most of your cruise clothes in there as well. Read some of the reviews here on what people have gotten in them. Cue full sets of cave gear

I have shipped and received my usual buddy's dive gear several times on a few different Florida dive trips, including the BC. The shipping part has never been a problem (have used UPS and USPS). One possible challenge is where to send it to on the way to your trip. Sometimes hotels can be a bit "iffy" what with all the staff changes and shifts.

I've had the best luck with shipping to either the Post Office (General Delivery, but make sure WHICH post office is the general delivery one in a larger town), or to a UPS store. I have shipped to a lodging, and it worked fine, but I don't feel it's as reliable - however that depends on what type of lodging (Ma & Pa vs. large chain, etc.)

It can be really nice compared to lugging huge/overweight luggage on the plane (actually, I say that "vicariously" as I drive and handle the gear shipping/receiving; buddy flies with a light load).

Blue Sparkle

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom