Anybody in for sharing their gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Line pulls absolutely have their place in our work, but nothing beats being able to say what you need to say when its a little more complicated then 4 tugs. I have been trying to push my team to use coms but i think they are hesitant because underwater is the only place they don't have to listen to me.

I agree but there is life support gear I would put ahead of com purchases. I have to agree with the last part as well. Our guys don't have to listen to Lane B. and I either. :D

Gary D.

I know there are teams out there that think a com system is life support and won’t dive without one. But it hasn’t been all that many years that com systems have been reliable enough for PSD use.
Gary D.

I would be among them to a point, Gary. Our SOG is to use comms for all dive ops - if the comms fail during a rescue incident we would carry on with line-pulls - and we practice line-pulls on all dives prior to any voice message so we are well adept in their use. If its recovery, voice comms are required. If its in overhead or high risk entrapment areas (ie - ice, vehicle ex, current etc) for rescue or recovery comms are without exception required.
It also wasn't that long ago when car seat belts were just an option and weren't considered reliable safety devices - things have obviously changed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom