Anybody use an Ikelite DS125 Strobe with an A series camera?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Big Fic

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an A85 with a WP DC30 housing. My LDS sells Ikelite and I am wanting to add a strobe to my camera. Just wondering if anybody uses the Ikelite DS125 strobe with a DS sensor and would they recommend it? I took my A85 to Curacao in Feb. and got some great pics but want to upgrade to a strobe for our next trip to Cayman Brac in July. Any info about the DS125 will be much appreciated.

I use an Ikelite DS125 with my A80 (and my A40 before that). Works great - just be sure to get the manual controller as the TTL doesn't work wonderfully with our little cameras.

The DS50 would be just as good, but if you are diving most often in dark water (like me) the modelling light of the DS125 comes in very handy.

Just remember there is a learning curve - spend some time in a pool with your new setup and you'll not waste good dives on fiddling with settings.

Cheers,
Kim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom