Anybody wants to dive this Saturday morning (05/20) with me???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick, if you check SB this morning, I am heading out to you at Goleta this morning.
Happy diving to all this Saturday.

Tevis

Thanks Tevis, Andy and I had some very happy diving.

The surf was high, we both called it borderline but decided to give it a shot. The surge was strong, the viz five feet at the VERY most and in VERY few places. Anywhere that there was anything interesting going on (kelp, rocks, etc...) the viz dropped to nothing, it was like pressing your mask flat up against the bottom.

We had a whole hell of a lot of fun though. We travelled west and turned around, we headed south (to ~35fsw) and turned around, until we finally found a spot at 20fsw where the viz was more than the two to no feet we kept finding. We passed my wetnotes back and forth a few times, commenting on how well we could see the nothing there was to see and how much fun it was to just float. So we did.

I practiced some of the skills I'll need to eventually pass Fundamentals, and some I won't, like blowing bubble rings. We tried headstands and barrel roles and just had a grand old time until I hit 700psi and we ascended to get our bearings/make sure we were where we thought we were. It seemed prudent since there're plenty of rocks and the surge and surf seemed to only be getting stronger. We were exactly where we meant to be, so we congratulated ourselves, dropped back down (right on top of a large and startled bat ray that Andy didn't quite see swimming away in the low/no viz) and made an uneventful exit through 2-4 foot swells.

While de-kitting and debriefing the Laguna Lifeguard (or whatever they are) truck pulled up to let us know the beach was closed in the whole city. We had a great dive though and it was a testament to good teamwork. We stayed close enough and paid enough attention that we didn't lose one another for even a second, navigated adequately and communicated precisely.

You're a great dive-buddy Andy. Thanks for posting and let me know anytime you want to dive.

Adam, thank you for the good report and you're a great buddy yourself! We did have a good dive event though there not much to see. I'm happy as long as I'm breathing under water.
Hehehe...about "blowing bubble rings" I think I got a proof of that.
Below is the only picture I took on this dive and I think it turned out pretty good.
It looked like you did get a bubble ring going there.
Take a look:

wth:
Hehehe...about "blowing bubble rings" I think I got a proof of that.
Below is the only picture I took on this dive and I think it turned out pretty good.
It looked like you did get a bubble ring going there.
Take a look:

That is frikkin' amazing!

Adam, what kung ** are you practicing masked man?

Tevis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom