Anyne has experience with new Aqualung Solafx wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dkoon

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am considering to buy one as it fits my size (large short) perfectly and it has semi-dry features (seals, dam, attached hood). But I don't know anyone who had used it.

Any pros and cons?

Is it warm enough for Northern California waters (50F to 60F)?

Thanks

I emailed Aqualung last week to ask about Solafx availability. They immediately replied that they have a few in stock, and asked my size. I replied (Men's XL) on January 15. They have not followed up.
I suspect that their supplier has not delivered production quantities.
From the description on the Aqualung website, it looks like a very nice suit. I'm particularly interested because I have Aquaflex 3mm and 5mm suits that fit perfectly.
I'd love to know what the street price will be, if and when the suit becomes available.

I emailed Aqualung last week to ask about Solafx availability. They immediately replied that they have a few in stock, and asked my size. I replied (Men's XL) on January 15. They have not followed up.
I suspect that their supplier has not delivered production quantities.
From the description on the Aqualung website, it looks like a very nice suit. I'm particularly interested because I have Aquaflex 3mm and 5mm suits that fit perfectly.
I'd love to know what the street price will be, if and when the suit becomes available.
I just got the following from Aqua Lung:
"We do have SolAfx suits in stock now to ship to our dealers and retail
is $499.00. You may place a special order with any of our Authorized
dealers in your area if they don't already have it in stock. I use the
SolAfx myself and I love it. Here in Southern CA, the water drops to
about 52 during this time of year and it works pretty well to keep me
warm."

It's being sold through LeisurePro for $325. Sure would be great if my LDS was closer to that range.

Back
Top Bottom