Question New suit help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rsfinn57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have read many f the posts on this topic but still am a bit confused. I am mostly diving in tropical areas but where i live the diving is in lakes that are about 60F. I am tough to fit with a 47 inch chest 37 inch waist and 5'6" so made to measure is for me. i dive between 50 to 100 dives per year and really only want one suit. Considering this i want to go with a dry suit, when warm just. a skin and colder undergarment. I want a light flexible suit and have looked at everything online from DUI to Seaskin. Dui is out due to the high cost of replacement silicon seals . Companies ive considered are Santi, Otter, Deep6(Ursuit). I welcome any recommendations pro or con and will consider any membrane suit. Cost is always a consideration but i can afford any of the suits mentioned. Thanx for responses

I have read many f the posts on this topic but still am a bit confused. I am mostly diving in tropical areas but where i live the diving is in lakes that are about 60F. I am tough to fit with a 47 inch chest 37 inch waist and 5'6" so made to measure is for me. i dive between 50 to 100 dives per year and really only want one suit. Considering this i want to go with a dry suit, when warm just. a skin and colder undergarment. I want a light flexible suit and have looked at everything online from DUI to Seaskin. Dui is out due to the high cost of replacement silicon seals . Companies ive considered are Santi, Otter, Deep6(Ursuit). I welcome any recommendations pro or con and will consider any membrane suit. Cost is always a consideration but i can afford any of the suits mentioned. Thanx for responses

If you want silicon seals, you want silicon seals. However, DUI does still have latex seals.

How many seals are you planning on going through. I do agree the zip seals are expensive but in the grand scheme of things…

O three if you’re interested in thin neoprene which has some advantages, durability and warmth, and some disadvantages weight and drying time

I just realized you're local - I don't sell them, but I have a Seaskin that I'd be happy to show you. I am a dealer for deep6, Fourth Element and Pinnacle too. I'd suggest whatever you get, you get Sitech replaceable seals though.

Shoot me a DM or give me a call if you want to take a look at the Seaskin. I can meet you in ABQ or Blue Hole.

60F water is exactly the kind of diving I bought my Seaksin Ultra (compressed neoprene) suit for.

Everyone's personal tolerance is different, but for ME, the compressed neo suit is perfect for 60F water. I can wear just a thin base layer on shorter dives and add some merino wool long johns for longer dives, and be toasty comfy.

I got my suit with a neoprene neck and neoprene wrist seals.

It's like diving a nice, relaxed fit 3mm wetsuit. 3mm wet gloves are PLENTY warm enough for me, in 60F water, and work great over neoprene wrist seals.

The only thing I might do differently is get the Si Tech Quick Neck system and then use a Waterproof replaceable neoprene neck seal, instead of having a non-replaceable neck seal on the suit. Neoprene neck and wrist seals are about as bulletproof as things can be. But, the neck seal will eventually stretch out over time and start to let a dribble of water in every now and then. (not that that is really a big deal at all - especially if the water is only 60F).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom