Anyone Actually use a Sony HC7 Underwater Yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulpost:
Thank you for your post it shows how good is HC7, did you used lights?

I'm trying to remember if I did use light... I'll have to look at the time stamp on that as I dove the first part of the day without lights and then used my single 21W HID on the last dive of the day.

Ronrosa- glad that rapidshare worked. I tried uploading on megaupload but when I went to test downloading it, I was getting all nodes for HK were used or something like that... a google search came up with rapidshare... As for the flat port, I'll hold off on that til I get better at this video stuff... :D or get a tripod!

The never ending saga of my HC-7. Did six dives with it this weekend and 9 last weekend. The results on some of the dives were fantastic. The results on others, under much simpler conditions, were lousy.

I've eliminated the color cast by focusing closer on subjects that are more uniformly lit by my single light and avoiding unlit background areas. This seems to work well. Once I get my two HID lights this will be less of a problem. Got good video of several nudibranch species mating at depths of 90-180 feet using the light.

Filmed a GUE class doing a dive at 160 ft off Ship Rock today. I was slightly above them. The vis was very good but of course light levels were low... yet the video appears to have come out very nice.

Filmed large (2-3 ft across) sheep crabs in the shallows, plenty of light, but they came out very blurry. Go figure.

Kroorda... I know that. I've owned Top Dawgs for 7 years now and get them serviced both by L&M and by Backscatter. Not sure why you posted the above???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom