Anyone based in Hua Hin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ladyarkles

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, just introducing myself as I am going to be in Hua Hin for the next four months.

Are there any reputable dive centres in this area?
I am OW certified and keen to take my AOW and get some more dives logged along the way.

I have read that there is no good diving in the immediate vicinity, so where would one go to get wet?

I'm very much looking forward to an extended stay in Thailand and hope to meet up with anyone that is in the area.

Thanks for any input!

Rachel

Hey Rachael

I guess you would have to go down to Chumpon (3 hrs. from Hua Hin) to do some decent diving. Maybe even over to Koh Tao. The diving is nice in the Gulf, this time of year

Chumpon Province (Chumpon Cabana Resort on "Thung Wua Len Beach") has some very nice local diving and is only a few hours south from Hua Hin. The resort is very nice and quiet and I can highly recommend you to go there for a few days.
Koh Tao and Koh Samui are also not too far away and offer plenty of good diving options.
Pattaya is another option and offers some very good wreck diving and ok reef diving.

You will need to have a minimum of 2 or 3 days off to be able to dive any of the above mentioned places.

Unfortunately Hua Hin itself has no diving at all.

You could also dive Pattaya. Check out the BKK Diver forum.

Dont think there is a dive operator in Hua Hin. Head south, a quick internet search will reveal countless options.

Sorry to have my reply come so late........

I am having a blast in Cha-Am, learning Thai (slowly) and eating far too much Phad See Eiuw Gai! :dramaqueen:

We've found a bar that shows the footie and a decent curry house close by.
What more does a Brit need? (PG Tips and Marmite notwithstanding!)

I'm off to Samui at the end of Sept and am going to do my AOW, thinking of going with Planet Scuba, as they are a PADI 5* CDC etc.
Anyone got any tips/opinions?

BTW: Arizona, we are also going to hit Pattaya soon. My brother is about to become manager of a new restaurant bar (Brit centric and upmarket) so will be heading out there, prob in late Oct.
The good news is that there is (allegedly) going to be a ferry HH >> Pattaya starting in October.
Hoo-bloody-Ray!!
Anything to avoid the Southern Bus Terminal, eh?

The sea here is wet and brown, but it still beats being in a high rise in Taiwan.....

Off for a Chicken Biryiani, a bottle of Leo (or 7) and hopefully watch Liverpool beat Bolton!! :praying:

Laters,

Rach xx

Rachel,

Great you settled in. PM glad to hook up for a dive sometime. Brit centric sounds interesting. Too bad there is no "local" diving. On the bright side you are a lot closer now :)

Arizona

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom