Anyone been to Troy Springs Recently

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fgray1

GDI Diver
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've never been there but I'm thinking of going soon.
What there to see. I'm thinking of doing Orange Grove and Peacock the same weekend for a short Intro dive in both. Not sure when. Any info on Troy would be nice.
Fred

Attention Divers And Swimmers
Swimming And Diving Are Closed At This Time
Due To Brownout Conditions

Thats right, as of 3/2/06.

I'm glad somebody is getting rain. Its dry in South FL

Whats there to see? Clear green water, lots of fish and turtles, and the remains of a civil war boat at the mouth of the run. Fun dive IMO.

I was there (also Orange Grove and Peacock) the last weekend in April. The river was low, which meant the Troy spring run was shallow and clear. You could easily see the ribs of the Madison from shore. LOTS of turtles that day, the most I've ever seen at one time at Troy. A fair number of fish in the spring run, too.

Orange Grove had the densest covering of duckweed I've experienced there in all the visits I've made. Water was not very clear that afternoon, either, but may have been the result of divers earlier in the day who silted it up. Viz was perfect at Peacock, though. Remember: to dive Peacock, you must have a Cavern or Cave rating. At OG, you can't carry lights without at least a Cavern card.

And, since they are Florida state parks, no solo diving is permitted at either Troy or Peacock.

Enjoy!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom