Anyone been to UNEXO shark dive recently?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

not recent, but went back in April of 93. so far from what everyone describes, it sounds like its still the same. Friendly staff (for the most part, becasue there was one fat dive instructor that was a little arrogant and not too friendly) but the place was pretty nice. I know alot can change in 16 years but it seems lile a good 2 or 3 day dive mini vacaction, giving yourself 1 day before and one day after for travel.

Oh.. Forgot, did the Shark, Dolphin, and theos wreck (dont know if its there) and spent a whole lot of time at the pursers bar

I went last year with Grand Bahama Scuba and had a great time. As I recall they were also a bit cheaper and picked me and my gear up at the hotel. They kept my stuff locked up for a few days so I did not have to porter it back and forth. Fred and Belinda at Grand Bahama were great.

We've scheduled the Shark Dive and a Night Dive with UNEXSO in early August. In addition to being a long time dive operator with a very good record, UNEXSO seems to have consistency in their operations. Thanks for the input on this thread as we hope to help update it here on SB and on our new site to launch later this summer.
Did anyone try to do video with dual lights? Wondering if they allow this and if the sharks get weird with the lights. I can remember a time when we were doing some night dives and the sharks went wild with our lights on... probably liked what the lights were attracting.

Dean My vote is for Unexso

You will love the sharkdive with UNEXSO they do a fantastic job.I believe they are the ony operation on the island that can put the sharks into tonic immobility quite a sight. I shoot Video with a Navagator 900 housing using a sony TRV900 digital camcorder. I have never used Lights on the shark dive and they come out great. (my color correcting filters work great) I don't use lights till below 60 ft or night dives. Have Fun dive safe
I havent seen sharks do it but Tarpons love to hunt in my lights

Jim

Night Diving with video lights in interesting because the lights attract 'sea bugs' like a porch light in the woods. We'll be using some Red LED lights for our main lights and should be interesting to see the impact on the critters. Some divers have said that they use Red LED lights to attract the lobster, but not sure if this is a proven method or not... we'll report back with our findings.

Back
Top Bottom