Sharm next month - Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

belhysys

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi

I am currently looking to spend a week in Sharm in November.

1 - is it still safe with the events up north ? I understand Sharm is touristic and 400km south of Gaza, but it is in the back of my mind.
2 - It seems that every hotel has their own dive center ie lots of choice. Do you go to the hotel one, pick another local or try the best ?
3 - Recommendation, we are looking for high end hotel (looking at White Hill in Shark bay for the moment) with Blue Sea Dive Club.

Happy to change hotel if someone knows better :)

I havent find any real review of the dive center, but I think that Sinai Dive club next door has been recommended in some post. Anyone know any of the two ? or can recommend one near shark bay ?

thanks

Elite Diving in the south of Sharm (Hadaba area) are great - couple of great hotels nearby (Sunrise 5* or Pickabatros 5*- or Jaz). Been with and happy to recommend

Camel divers - central Naam bay area - stay with or choices - more night life (in an Egyptian sense)

Also Oona divers.

It is a pick up and drive to boat and dive - so you don't need to link who you dive with and hotel but given Sharm is spread out, being in the same area is best

Camel divers - central Naam bay area

Is there shore diving accessible from their facilities/hotel? Is it good?

Seconding Elite. I dove with them 5 days last Fall, found them to be a very well-run, organized op and I would go with them again. Really nice family runs it. We stayed at the Rixos which was pretty far North, and they were always prompt for the pickup time. (Rixos was huge and a bit mind-boggling for us as we usually do small casual properties but the pools were amazing!) About hotel location - as mentioned above, the drive that matters is to/from the boats, and the time will depend on which marina your boat will be leaving from that day (local sites versus Straits of Tiran for example) The extensive day boat operations in Sharm can make for a very crowded wait to board your boat depending on which docks you depart from but is generally pretty orderly. Have a great time!

Is there shore diving accessible from their facilities/hotel? Is it good?
No Camel are more town centre. Most diving is boat based or at least I don't know of shore based dive/shops though others might.

Suggest you choose your hotel and dive operator separately - for instance Arcie (above) stayed at Rixos which is far north of Sharm and went with Elite who are far south!

Take Faraana Reef Resort in Hadaba. And dive with Elite.

We will be in Sharm next week. We had planned to follow it up with 3 or 4 days in Israel but those plans have changed. As for Sharm, not too worried about anything happening there but will keep eyes and ears open. Best to not stand out or express anything religious or national or political. Keep the conversations about diving.

The Grand Rotana in Shark Bay is an upper end hotel. It is right on the water. The diveshop is called Scorpion Divers. It is well managed and operated. The reef there is well worth diving. Like most other shops you can do day trips.

To finish and as you are UK and so comparable. Arrive 13th for 7 days with my son, so prices are for both -
  • flights EasyJet with 29kg of luggage £568 (can get their flex tickets nearly for that!)
  • Booked with Elite 5 days diving £450.
  • Sunrise Diamond Breach Grand Select AI £639 (great hotel lots of A La Carte choice)
£1657 for a weeks break, flights, food, beer and diving

HTH

express anything religious or national or political. Keep the conversations about diving.

You still can talk about using or not using snorkels or DIN vs. Yoke and be political :p

Seriously, keep a very low profile and not advertise where you are from or what your religious or political views are. Not that anyone would hurt you, but you don't want to hurt anyone's feelings or offend somebody there. Enjoy diving and have a safe and awesome diving!!

Back
Top Bottom