Sharm El-Sheikh, combined boat diving and short liveaboard ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cabio

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Will be visiting the Sinai in mid-january and would also like to dive these sites:

- Thomas Reef & Canyon, Straits of Tiran
- Shark & Yolanda Reef, Ras Mohammed (Anemone City)
- SS Dunraven Wreck, Ras Mohamed
- SS Thistlegorm Wreck, Ras Mohammed

We are considering:

7 day liveaboard from Hurghada (none available from Sharm El-Sheikh) on the Emperor Elite (extra flight)

or

Boat diving from Sharm El-Sheikh: I have looked at Camel and Emperor so far,

My concerns with this option are:

- they might not go to the reefs or wrecks I want if conditions are not good
- they might not go to the wrecks if not enough divers
- the trip to Thistlegorm is long

So I was looking for a dive operation that would combine boat diving and short liveaboard for the more distant sites. Does anyone know if this exists?

Thanks in advance for your help

Just a safari, only Hurghada.
For three, four years of trips to SharmEsh Sheikh, I didn’t get into a boat going to Tisel. But on Tiran and Ras Mohamed for 10-12 days was three or two times. And also was in Dahab.

Hi! Check out Snefro Fleet and Umbi Diving, both operating from Sharm El Sheik and offering short 3-4 night liveaboard trips. They will typically cover several of the dive sites on your list, BUT do remember that the actual route will be decided by the captain and dive leader based on weather, sea conditions and profile of the divers on that specific trip. January is winter, so the odds of less ideal conditions are somewhat greater.

Please note that these short liveaboards tend to attract divers who are perhaps less experienced than those who might opt for a full-week trip (but may be, on the whole, more experienced than day-boat divers!). I'm pointing this out because the Canyon at Thomas Reef, for instance, is a rather deep recreational dive and most day boats will not offer it. Just an example.

Thanks for the tips. I see that there is limited availability and poor conditions in January so we might consider rescheduling.

All the sites you mention are short dive boats ride from Sharm. I would rather go to south route on a LiveAboard though.

Just back this morning from SES and dived all the sires you mention with Elite Divers Red Sea Dive SItes

The Thistlegorm was a different boat and it was packed - we got our DM to make sure a) we dived last and b) reversed the usual outside first/inside second but that was also current dependent. It is a long day though but doable and totally worth it!.

Dunraven you are likely to get on a 7 day type package

Current will also determine which sites but you will usually get Yolanda/Shark and a few of the Tiran "four"

Только сегодня утром вернулся из SES и нырнул со всеми производителями, которых вы упомянули, с помощью Elite Divers Red Sea Dive SItes.

Thistlegorm была другой лодкой, и она была переполнена - мы попросили нашего DM убедиться, что а) мы нырнули последними и б) поменяли местами обычное внешнее первое/внутреннее второе, но это также зависело от течения. Это долгий день, но выполнимый и полностью стоящий того!

Dunraven вы, вероятно, получите пакет 7-дневного типа

Current также определит, какие сайты, но вы, как правило, получите Yolanda / Shark и несколько «четверок» Тирана.
For the last two years 2021 and 2022 I have only dived with Elite Diver.
I can strongly advise Mr. Alan Mr. G Mrs. V.

We have used King Snefro in Sharm three times and will be doing so a fourth time in July. The last trip, we opted to not do the Tiran Islands. A much better route is called wrecks and reefs. It goes to Ras Mohammed, the Thislegorm, and all the wrecks you mentioned, plus more between there and Abu Nuhas. If you are at all interested in wrecks that is the route to go on. However, that is a 7 day itinerary. Really special is the dolphin dive at Abu Nuhas. Here is a video of that dive last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom