Anyone bully(bulley?) netting lobster before sunrise?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfoster33702

Contributor
Reaction score
Heading to the keys for mini-season for lobster. You aren't allowed to be in the water hunting until 1 hour before sunrise, but you are allowed to bulley-net. We are thinking about trying this. Bought some underwater lighting and have been rigging it all year :)

How does it work out for you? What are your tactics?

I went out of Ft. Lauderdale at night 10+ years ago. I thought I would be smart and beat the crowd on the 30' sholllow diving in the AM. 3 divers spents 40 plus minutes on the reef to find not one legal lobster. Boats were starting to line up on the surf in 15' of water. We went in to check out the sand and saw lob's all over the place. I got a real education on lobster habit. If you go out into the grass beds with lights you will find plenty of bugs in the keys at night. They travel well away in search of food at night from where they will hole up by sinrise. Happy hunting. I like to be sitting over top of my first spot to hit the water at sunrise. You should not have a problem getting your limit no matter your start time as long as it is in the early AM.

Back
Top Bottom