Anyone considering buying an EX1 take a look at this

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Roger J Munns

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
This HD underwater footage was all shot on a Sony PMW-EX1 in a Gates housing with the superb Fathom SWP44C wide angle port.

This footage was shot using the SxS cards but we now have the Convergent nanoflash recorder so I'll upload another film once we have some more footage using that compression technique. You can select 720p for HD viewing once the video starts playing.

Last edited:
Did i see a shot of the "swedish cave" in there? I remember a dive spot with an overhang of purple and yellow coral, was a fantastic dive (from the Monsoon liveabaord)!

Awesome footage!

Thanks for the nice comments. The footage was taken while on a liveaboard. That's definitely the best way to dive the Maldives. Sultans of the Seas were the company we used, there are plenty of options out there though for all budgets.

Thanks for the nice comments. The footage was taken while on a liveaboard. That's definitely the best way to dive the Maldives. Sultans of the Seas were the company we used, there are plenty of options out there though for all budgets.

For diving, I definitely prefer liveaboards, but I'm looking for a nice luxurious land based place. Need to balance out the diving with non diving stuff for my girlfriend.

Roger, The footage looks great... are you having any issues putting the Nano in the housing??? The footage has to be fantastic with the Nano/EX1... what lights are you using... any issues with the setup underwater?

Hey check out some of Rons work... he's got some talent... looks like you do too:)

Hey Dixter

Had no issues with putting the nanoflash in. Gates do a very nice bracket which does the job perfectly. It does get very hot though and battery time is limited so it means leaving it till the last second before opening the housing up and connecting the power. I always do a chcek to make sure its recording to the CF cards as well. FCP used for the edit which Chris Tan did for our local Sony supplier to show off their new big screens.

Back
Top Bottom