Anyone dive Caesarea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks again! It may be quite some time until we are able to go, but I'll keep it mind.

I'm sorry but I do not agree with what Dakar tpld above !!!
I Dove the Med quite often from the top north (Achzive - one of the best sites i ever saw !!! a wall drift dive from 10M-30M in a reserve a lots of sting rays and full of fish) all the way down to Ashdod, Includes the Scire see attached link for t he Scire and other nice sites in Israel (the story behind the Scire is nice one... http://www.sportesport.it/wrecks019is.htm
There are diving centers from Nahariah in the north border all the way down to Ashkelon includes Haifa, Caesarea, Tel Aviv, Ashdod & Ashkelon in the last 3 months i Dove at least 20 dive from the beach or boats in the Med. Visability was no less than 10M. Caesarea old port worth a dive ! the center will provide you a check points list to take with you underwater with explanations of each point you will find underwater.
When you come PM and i will recommend you on sites, centers etc.

Have fun

I recently dove in Ceasarea for the second time. For an American diver, I enjoyed it for the history. It may be only a pile of old stones and dropped anchors but it is much older than anything I can dive here. As a Texas diver I'm used to diving in some low vis. At Ceasarea I had 10-30ft vis each dive so I was very happy with what I could see. If diving ruins interests you and you don't expect to see intact structures, I think it was well worth the visit.

The new site looks great. Will be there in July. Is there a club or regular group of divers I can meet up with?

Arizona I just posted this at BennyScuba so take a look.
November is an very good time to dive in our area of lake med. The water temp are just more or less starting to drop so you should not have any problems as far as that is concern. The depth is no more than 7-8 meters and visibality 10-20 meters not feet. It all depends on the weather. November is the begining of the winter and it could rain. Ceasaria is a nice dive I've been diving there on a number of occiasion and there is a good diving outfit at the site. You have to dive with a guide and you get a map explaining what you will see {you with the map and you get an explaination before hand}.
Enjoy
Rauven Schneider

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom