Anyone dive in St. Thomas,St Kitts, Antigua or Barbados?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djjsperry

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
We are planning a cruise with stops in St Thomas, St. Kitts, Barbados and Antigua. The Princess Emerald has scheduled dives in St Thomas and Barbados but we have to make our own arrangements in St. Kitts and Antigua. Anyone out their with suggestions? We were told to stay away from Jolly Divers on Antigua but it seems all other dive companies are across the island from the cruise port.
djjsperry

I actually did my first dive ever in Antigua with Big John's Dive Antigua. We actually were staying right next to Jolly Harbor but we went to the other side of the island to dive. I ended up getting my first certification there but I have to admit, it wasn't phenomenal diving. The instruction was great and service was too but the recent hurricanes had really been hard on the reef. Not a ton of fish and there was a lot of broken coral (we did see an enormous brain coral though). However, I do remember the mangroves being amazing - we went on Eli's Eco-Tour and saw quite a bit of sea life. Mind you, this was a about 6-7 years ago so things may have changed quite a bit. I think the tourism board for Antigua sponsors a chat board that might be another source for info. Have a great trip!

Admiralty Dive Center in St. Thomas is awesome! I'd actually go with them rather than the scheduled cruise ship dive as you'll get much more personalized service. They'll pick you up at the cruise ship dock and take care of all your gear. They've got a ton of different sites and the best customer service!! Call and speak with Laura or Duane and they'll tell you all about the sites that best suit your interests and experience level.

Hello,
I run a dive shop in barbados and we pick up and drop back, 2 tank dive goes out at 9.30am.
You can drop me and email at peterg@sunbeach.net.
Let me know so I can send rates.

Back
Top Bottom