Anyone dive Lake of the Ozarks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chad

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey hope I posted this in the right place....if not sorry in advance. Looked through some of the more recent posts and diden't see much. I was just wondering if anyone has had any exp. diving in Lake of the Ozarks? I've been there a few times, but it only consisted of parting on boats with thousands of ppl. and is kind of a haze. Was wondering about the viz and depth. I belive the place we hung out was Osage Beach. Being from Colordao I'm used to diving in crap. Unfortunatly I don't have the Garmin Blue Charts of the area so it's a mystery to me. I could only imagine though some of those fast boats zipping by and taking your head off. Any input would be great

thxs

Party Cove, great place to fly low over, lots to see...

Diving, lets see. I've got a buddy who's dove it quite a bit lately doing salvage and other work. From what I understand this is not a lake to dive for fun, vis is crappy even for muck divers and it's not exactly safe with all the boats going about.

Boat drivers don't know what flags mean, it's an invitation to circle them in a race to see who can hit you first.

Best diving is further south towards Table Rock or Beaver Lake.

I have yet to dive there, BUT the dive rescue team has certified some of it's divers through our facility. That said, they have noted that the visibility is very limited when compared to Beaver, Stockton, or Norfork Lakes.

A few of the recovery divers (from the collapsed docks recovery effort) dropped me a line to let me know that the vis was terrible, especially when you added the cold temps in a salvage effort.

Personally, I'm still interested in diving there for the "been there/done that" book.

Way to much sewage and septic tank run off into the Lake for me to consider diving there.

No Kidding? Do they do tests of the lake water or something? I would assume party cove turns into a "urine cove" on labor, memorial day and the 4th of july. But other than that I can't see it being and worse than some of the local lakes here in CO.

I have Dove there once and it does not have very good Vis. I just dove off of a friends dock in about 20 feet of water and there was not anything to see but bluegill, which we fed and had some fun watching them swim around us. We went down to about 30ft and it was so dark that we just turned around and hung out at about 20'. We do plan on trying to dive in my buddies cove in April someime to see if the vis would be any better. There are not may boats on the water this time of year, and espically not in his cove. Although it is a popular spot for people to anchor and party during the summer so we are hoping to find a few things to keep the dive interesting. The only thing I am not sure about is Air Fills. I do not know if there is anywhere to get air down there. If anyone knows where to get air at the lake please pass it along...

Phil

My brother lives there (osagebeach on the water) and we go to party cove. wow what a good time and there is no rules in party cove. (-: The things ive seen i could not even write down.,.......
I thought about diving but the boat traffic is terrable.

I'm not aware of any dive shops there, but there is one in Jefferson City called Scuba Adventure that you can get fills at.

Back
Top Bottom