Anyone dive Lake of the Ozarks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A buddy of mine just talked with a salvage diver at Lake of the Ozarks and he said that the vis right now is the best he has ever seen there... A whole 6ft, and water temp of about 42 degrees.

I will still dive it if I am going there anyway, but no special trips just for it...

Phil

I know in the party cove that at about 20' it is pitch black. Granted it was 4th of July and I was free diving for a pair of raybans that I just shot of of some guys head so I didn't stick around too long.

The whole lake is lined with houses, my brothers lake house is probably 20 feet from the shore. Thousands of drunk people every weekend drinking on the water and peeing in the lake isn't that big of a deal, but there's no way septic run off from my brothers lake house and all the rest just as close doesn't get into the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom