Anyone dive Leo Carrillo in the last couple days?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeerCreekers

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wanted to get a dive or 2 in this weekend and wanted to kno if anyone had any recent info on conditions or if they knew what the conditions looked like for the weekend. Did a twilight dive there about 2 weeks ago and conditions couldn't have been better, great viz and a sleepwalk in and out.

I haven't gotten up by to Leo Carillo this week, but waves were down around Point Dume the past several days. However, I've been told the swell is supposed to be picking up and big waves forecast for this weekend. If I get up by there later today, I'll update

Tracy, swell reports around Palos Verdes, Malibu, Leo Carillo are so spectacularly small starting now on Friday 6:00pm thru sunday are getting better and better. Solid 2 ft swells throughout the weekend with such minimal tides and reports of Viz has been extremely good. 40'+ at old Marineland yesterday. 60-100ft in Catalina. And the way the conditions, tiny swell, and wind isn't gonna make viz any less, but more!! Next week they are seeing 125+ winds just outside of Southern California whippin up some monster wind waves. They might affect So Cal alot, with the possibility of missing us all together. Keep your fingers crossed. Other wise this weekend is one of the best ones to be in the water day and night!!!

Thanks guys for ur response. Any excuse for getting out with Jr and friends works for me , but
Knowing conditions favor us makes it all the more sweeter. Bringing friends with us who are just getting back into shore diving, so the easier the better.
I remember (last year) when I used to worry about conditions because of Jr....he's now 15 yrs and over 6th tall and could prob carry me through the wave zone on his back.....parenting payback.
I'll post conditions.
Tracy

Vis near County Line was 10-15 in 50 feet of water yesterday and today. There is clear water deeper with 20-30 foot vis and no surge at 70-80 feet deep.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom