Anyone Dive the Christ of the Abyss?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget to hug the statue! I hear it'll fire you up the rest of the trip!! Please don't, its covered in fire coral from my understanding...

I'd say see if you can get a ride with Bluewater or Conch Republic and if you sweet talk them and want a pretty reef thats NOT crowded, check out Pickles. :)

If weather (wind & waves) is poor, go somewhere else. As viz will be poor. It is a shallow dive...roughly 20' deep and surrounded by coral. Coral surrounding the statue goes to within 5 or 6' from surface. Lots of surge if wavy.

Not to diminish anyone else's experience, but it is a "been there, done that" type of dive.

If weather is PERFECT (unlikely in winter/early spring) it can be a fantastic dive as the coral in surrounding areas is marvelous.

Mike

Big Mike hit the nail on the head! If you must see Jesus (and don't want to chance waiting on the afterlife)... Keys Diver (a local snorkel op) carts folks out there most afternoons (for a lot less than you'd pay for scuba diving).

In the summer months, nearby Minnow Cave makes for a great follow-up dive or snorkel site... often so full of silversides that you can't see through 'em. Enjoy!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom