Anyone dived Aruba ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kirky

Reaction score
I`m going to Aruba in Feb 04 from the Uk. Any dive info would be appreciated. I`ve been told to avoid Pelican civers - is this true. Info on dive sites etc would be appreciated.

I haven't used Pelican, but I think they are a reputable dive op, but a cattle boat experience. We were there last fall and used Dive Aruba, they were a small operation (six pack) and only the three us plus the DM and captain. Do a search on this board for Aruba and you will get much information. Plus I believe Pelican or Red Sail has a web site the describes all the dive sites.

I used Native Diver. My boyfriend, me & Romeo - who owns Native Diver. We had a great time. Where are you staying?

Thanks for the info folks - I`ll be staying at the Occidental in Feb so if anyone is there at the time, let me know - I`ll need a buddy or 3

Dive safe

I'd love to go back. It's beautiful there. In case you haven't heard...it's windy. And I don't mean a little breeze. I had sand pelting me while I laid in a lawn chair. It's really something.

and all of them were through Mermaid Divers. It's a small shop; it looks like an overgrown shed. LOL But the divers there really know their stuff and they took me to great places.

I think that they also have a website with info on the sites, and their prices, etc. Just do a search for Mermaid Divers Aruba.

good luck!

I had someone PM me, from this board, w/ some alarming info about Mermaid Divers, when I was looking f/ a dive operator. I decided not to use them, even though their prices were excellent. Once in Aruba I asked many different sources about them. They were vague, but when I volunteered what I had heard, it was always confirmed.
I can PM you if your interested.

Kat,
I stayed at Manchebo a couple years ago but didn't dive. If this is the same operator that's next door I'd like to hear what you heard. I was thinking of going back for a dive. Thanks TedJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom