Anyone diving Atomic M1’s in SM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don’t cross, they both lay side by side behind the neck.

When I prepare for a dive, I first attach the left tank and route the left hose. Then I attach the right tank and route the right hose. The left hose is between my suit and the right hose. I call that crossing.

If I donate the left reg the free hose length is not much more than with the short hose.
After the OOA diver is calmed you can either sort the regs or switch between short and long hose. Seems for me not much difference.

I used the M1's for a year. Routing:

Because my SM regs are also my CCR bailout regs, I don't do the inflator on the 5th port.

Left bottle - gauge down, one LP port on swivel is for inflator another immediately adjacent for QC6, the port on the opposite side of the swivel is for my, which is on a 36" LP hose (hose goes behind my neck and 2nd stage is bungeed around my neck, just like in backmount doubles). I normally have the inflator/qc6 routed facing down and then bending up to feed into the line, the reg hose goes straight up.

Right bottle - gauge down, one LP port for inflator, adjacent for QC6, and then the port on the oppsite side is for a 7' hose. 7' hose lays with one loop on the bottle then cross my chest, up over my left shoulder, behind my neck, into my mouth. It's clipped off on the right shoulder d-ring when not in use.

I'll see if I can dig up some old pictures.

Cyborg Pirate, I'm also in Arizona. I dive exclusively sidemount. Not an instructor, have no desire to be one. That being said, I'd be happy to get with you and help in any way I can.

I've been trained in SM by some great instructors at ProTec in Playa Del Carmen.

Cyborg Pirate, I'm also in Arizona. I dive exclusively sidemount. Not an instructor, have no desire to be one. That being said, I'd be happy to get with you and help in any way I can.

I've been trained in SM by some great instructors at ProTec in Playa Del Carmen.
Fantastic! I have everything and ready to dive. Save one major piece.... waiting on my own Nomad XT. It’s in process of getting here now. I have always borrowed others SM bcd up until now. Which has been good. I have tried 3 different rigs now. And I prefer the Nomad XT.

Where do you typically dive? I usually am at pleasant. I have almost been exclusively in backmounted doubles. Over 400 dives in various sizes of twins, probably 300+ in single backmount and only 15 dives in SM. Time to master a new skill set

30A7BE2E-E7DE-4335-8D01-ECE76C903172.jpeg

Looks okay to me, extra points for red hose (I think it looks great and is easier to see against black drysuits), you'll get some flack about the weight on the tank band and may in the future consider changing the bungee retainers for silicone or another less "slippery" type. But, whatever works, works.

Where do you typically dive? I usually am at pleasant. I have almost been exclusively in backmounted doubles. Over 400 dives in various sizes of twins, probably 300+ in single backmount and only 15 dives in SM. Time to master a new skill set

I dive out at the lake nearly every weekend. Took me a moment to figure it out, but based on your profile name, I'm like 99% sure I know you. Pretty sure I've been on the Depth Perception when you've been the captain on several occasions.....

I dive out at the lake nearly every weekend. Took me a moment to figure it out, but based on your profile name, I'm like 99% sure I know you. Pretty sure I've been on the Depth Perception when you've been the captain on several occasions.....
Haha. Yes.

Looks okay to me, extra points for red hose (I think it looks great and is easier to see against black drysuits), you'll get some flack about the weight on the tank band and may in the future consider changing the bungee retainers for silicone or another less "slippery" type. But, whatever works, works.
Yes I am pretty sure I will get flak for the weights. However for now.... all open water diving with the SM. Thank u for the like on the red. Yes I keep all my gear red and black. Easy to decipher what’s mine

Back
Top Bottom