Anyone familiar with Bue Realm diving in Dahab Egypt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hvrietsc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Repost, hopefully to the right audience this time ...

We are a family of three wife and I and son 17 who are thinking of going to Egypt NEXT summer and dive with Blue Realm diving in Dahab Egypt and stay in the hotel next door the Blue beach hotel.

Does anyone have any experience with them? Their website looks great but that of course just means they have a great web master it doesn't say anything about their dive master.

Are there any safety issues with the political situation right now?

Any comments welcome!

they are OK, but quite expensive, you can find similar/better quality at lower price in Dahab

I've gone diving with them for three years now, always been satisfied,hotel isn't fancy but the owners of the dive shop have always ben great and I've felt very safe there. Diving is from shore, shallow protected areas, no currents, lots of fish etc,planning on diving with them in

nov, have fun.

Blue Realm is attached to Blue Beach and is a good centre. Its a small centre based around a small hotel. Its safe, its efficient and you'll have no problem. Much the same price as everyone else and the convenience of having a centre right next to your room helps too. You'll have no problem with them at all. If you're staying in blue beach anyway then no need to go elsewhere (restaurant also has the best steaks in town!).
There are cheaper centres in town but a lot of them have horrendous safety standards and ideas. Blue Realm is one of the good ones!

Safety is not an issue - its completely safe everywhere. The only infighting is Bedouin vs Egyptian and wont affect you as a tourist at all. There is currently a racist anti foreign worker undertone but again that wont affect tourists as they need them. Egypt is still completely safe in the diving resorts despite what the media portrays.

I have only just joined this forum and was having a browse around and spotted this post and had to reply. I have been a customer of Blue Realm for nearly 4 years now with trips out to Dahab about twice a year. When I first dived with them I booked on the basis of the informative website and the response I got back to my enquires but the experience once in Dahab exceeds this and I have kept diving with them ever since.

As String says above they are a smaller dive centre, max 18 guests, but this makes for a more personal service. There is a strong emphasis on safety and I have never once felt that I was not in capable hands. When taking out guided groups they will not exceed more than 4 guests to each guide and they always try to match people with the right experience levels. If different groups do not go together well they will often use another dive guide to ensure that everyone stays happy, even if that means they end up with a ratio of 2:1 in several groups. I can not say the same for a number of other dive centres in Dahab, on many occasions I have seen groups of 8, even more, with one guide!

You do not mention what kind of diving you plan to do but if any in your family plan to do a course then this experience will also be first rate. I did my Rescue course with them and friends joining me have done Advanced and Open Water also and we all had a ratio of 1:1 on the course. They will start courses to suit your own preferred date, rather than being told we have a course starting on X and you are expected to then fit in with the schedule. When observing other courses underway I have never seen a higher ratio than 1 instructor to 3 students (usually all from the same family/ group) and many times 1:1 as we had. This means you can progress at your own speed and it is effectively a 'private' course, something which many dive centres would charge a premium for.

I have also stayed at Blue Beach hotel for many of my stays and would recommend it also. The staff are friendly, its popular with all types of groups (inc families) and nationalities which makes a really nice atmosphere, breakfast in the restaurant is good (and as String says so are the steaks and the burgers!) and all rooms have either been recently renovated or are in the new building which opened less than 2 years ago. The dive centre is on site, so you literally roll out of bed, walk a few metres to breakfast and then walk a few more to go and kit up for diving...it doesn't get much easier.

You may well have booked by now as I have picked up on this thread a little late but if you haven't then I would suggest booking your accommodation and diving through the dive centre as you can get some nice packages inc transfer from Sharm airport that work out cheaper than booking both separately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom