Anyone going to Tenkiller this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Will anyone be diving Tenkiller Saturday or Sunday?

Come on down to Travis Jen. It would be great to dive with you. Just make a weekend of it? What's a few pennies on gas? Maybe I can make it back up to Tenkiller before it gets too cold.

Willie

Will anyone be diving Tenkiller Saturday or Sunday?

galscuba, we Tenkiller divers prefer to hang out with Midwest Muck Divers. . . I'll be there with some Kansas divers hunting for dinner. There will be other divers at the Tenkiller state park as well as Gene's dive shop on Highway 10A near Fin and Feather resort. Gene can provide maps of the area as well as being the air supply for most lower lake dives.

These Texas divers like to go deep and miss all their 30 lb carp. . . Travis is a good lake for spearing rough fish, We Okies used to take all their trophies north of the River.

On a good Spring weekend a Southwest Council contest used to have 200 divers. . . Ah the good old days.

These Texas divers like to go deep and miss all their 30 lb carp. . . Travis is a good lake for spearing rough fish, We Okies used to take all their trophies north of the River.

On a good Spring weekend a Southwest Council contest used to have 200 divers. . . Ah the good old days.

Hey with all due respect Bubba your in Our Forum so watch your manners.
I don't talk trash in your Forum

In the Swamper's Forum it's different even if My Daughter is going to OU.

I can only venture a guess at how churned up the bottom of Tenkiller would be after an event where even just 5 okie's were in the water at the same time. :rofl3:
You can buy fish like Carp at the bait stores in Texas you know so we tend to like to go deeper when we dive.
That crosses over to other areas of life as well :14:

The river channel at Tenkiller is pretty cool and Freaky Cavern is a nice place to hang out and think for awhile. Still.... I can't blame some folks for being a little freeked to go there. I'm sure that you were not making a blanket statement or painting with a wide brush about all Texans. Besides , we all know they don't use brushes in Oklahoma ... especially tooth brushes. I mean, why would they even need them right ?

Well... just a minute... they do use brushes to paint they're cars.

I'd still dive with Ya'll even though I'd know up front I'd have to save myself if anything went wrong. 'comes with the territory.

Frank,
Humor is one thing.
I think you're last post was a little rude, disrespectful to our Okie brethren.
btw, I still need a pony harness from ya! Ha!

Hey with all due respect Bubba your in Our Forum so watch your manners. I don't talk trash in your Forum
I can only venture a guess at how churned up the bottom of Tenkiller would be after an event where even just 5 okie's were in the water at the same time. :rofl3:
You can buy fish like Carp at the bait stores in Texas you know so we tend to like to go deeper when we dive.

The river channel at Tenkiller is pretty cool and Freaky Cavern is a nice place to hang out and think for awhile. Still.... I can't blame some folks for being a little freeked to go there. I'm sure that you were not making a blanket statement or painting with a wide brush about all Texans.
I'd still dive with Ya'll even though I'd know up front I'd have to save myself if anything went wrong. 'comes with the territory.

Timeliner. . . I hoped you would be here. I read and respect what you've helped us teach new divers in the Midwest Muck Divers forum. . . My joke about trophies goes back many years when the Southwest Council of clubs could bring a couple of hundred divers to a contest. My Lawton dive club never missed a contest, and always pulled a lot of Texans to our contests in Oklahoma. It was always a fun time. For several years, the Southwest Councils' representative to the national championships was my old partner from Lawton, placing second behind a 3 time national champion.

My attempt at humor was aimed at the old Southwest Council divers. There were always taunts and humor between all of the clubs, including the one club from Lawton. The direction of trophy flow between Okies and Texans and from Dallas to Ft Worth or any other clubs made the tournaments more exciting. Didn't want to offend, just miss the fun from a lot of old Texas divers.

Timeliner. . . I hoped you would be here. I read and respect what you've helped us teach new divers in the Midwest Muck Divers forum. . . My joke about trophies goes back many years when the Southwest Council of clubs could bring a couple of hundred divers to a contest. My Lawton dive club never missed a contest, and always pulled a lot of Texans to our contests in Oklahoma. It was always a fun time. For several years, the Southwest Councils' representative to the national championships was my old partner from Lawton, placing second behind a 3 time national champion.

My attempt at humor was aimed at the old Southwest Council divers. There were always taunts and humor between all of the clubs, including the one club from Lawton. The direction of trophy flow between Okies and Texans and from Dallas to Ft Worth or any other clubs made the tournaments more exciting. Didn't want to offend, just miss the fun from a lot of old Texas divers.

I sorta figured as much and couldn't help myself ..... There has always been that back and forth thing between the 2 states. It's sort of like a non stop Roast isn't it :D
I'll go out on a limb and say that I actually enjoy Oklahoma and dive there all the time.
I got Certified at Tenkiller. I even like a bunch of the folks from there. A good deal of them have nice teeth too. Both of my regular dive buddies were born in Oklahoma. My Daughter actually does go to OU.

Ok.... everybody sing Kum-By-Ya :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom