Anyone gotten your Annual Blue Hole pass yet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have had my permit check cashed as well, but no permit yet. The last couple of years there was a pretty good wait since I think they just don't get the new order in for the next years cycle until after the first of the year (just guessing here) and it takes the printer or who ever is making them awhile to get them out.

I remember getting last years about March..... Our LDS has gotten a email from Richard stating that the got the application and would have the permits out as soon as they got them. That's more than individuals get!

I dove on Jan 10th and paid the guy that came to collect for my annual pass. I think I paid cash...which looking back now might have been a BIG mistake. I haven't received my annual pass yet. Mainly forgot about it since I haven't been back yet.

I dove on Jan 10th and paid the guy that came to collect for my annual pass. I think I paid cash...which looking back now might have been a BIG mistake. I haven't received my annual pass yet. Mainly forgot about it since I haven't been back yet.

Yeah,
You and I both payed cash that day. No permit yet.
I suppose that I will just dive, and if asked , I will politely explain that I paid in January sand have not received anything yet.

Still NO permit!

I e-mailed them last week and told them that I wanted my permit or my $25 back. They actually answered this time - said that they have them on order but they had so many problems with them last year (falling apart) that they have gone with yet another company. They e-mailed me a temp permit, LOL. It is supposed to be okay until the real one arrives. :rofl3:

I am guessing that, along with the fact they have run out of money for the Dive Center/Building, there are no permits on order. The city is simply out of money and using our permit money for whatever.... :depressed:

I am planning to head back over sometime soon to dive, but they better not ask me about my permit!!

robin:D

Seems to be a problem for most people this year. I sent my payment in Jan and still don't have one either.

Seems to be a problem for most people this year. I sent my payment in Jan and still don't have one either.

yes, they say no permits have been sent out at all this year. It isn't just mine.
BTW, the temp permit they sent to me is a letter that says "this is a temporary diving permit for ......" :rofl3:

Still NO permit!

I am guessing that, along with the fact they have run out of money for the Dive Center/Building, there are no permits on order. The city is simply out of money and using our permit money for whatever.... :depressed:

My hunch is that the gal that "handles" the permits was pregnant and delivered right around the first of the year and absolutely nothing was done in her absence. So when she got back from maternity leave, the ball got rolling again.

The last weekend I was there (end of April) the place was SOOO packed that there was hardly any space even to park. No body came by for permits....... another revenue opportunity lost for the City :shakehead: Makes one wonder.:confused:

My hunch is that the gal that "handles" the permits was pregnant and delivered right around the first of the year and absolutely nothing was done in her absence. So when she got back from maternity leave, the ball got rolling again.

The last weekend I was there (end of April) the place was SOOO packed that there was hardly any space even to park. No body came by for permits....... another revenue opportunity lost for the City :shakehead: Makes one wonder.:confused:

yeah, my feelings, too. Has work started on the building again? When we were over in March they said that the city had run out of money. (Another reason they should be over collecting permit money!)

They are still working on the building. The stucco system is being applied last time I looked.
From what I could gather, apparently they have the funds for the construction to be completed, just not any furnishings..... :shakehead: Wonder if they budgeted for the utilities to keep the lights on?:rofl3:

Back
Top Bottom