Anyone have an idea about this housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klauricella

Contributor
Reaction score
I just got this housing off ebay and was listed as a ikelite aluminum video housing. Was wondering about how old it is and maybe what camera it is for. It is too short for my Sony 8mm and I am probably just going to get a newer digital.

Thanks
Kevin

Attachments

• IMG00026-20101029-1658.jpg
    IMG00026-20101029-1658.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG00027-20101029-1658.jpg
    IMG00027-20101029-1658.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 26
Maybe a very early CCD-TR series - CCD-TR5? With the lens port in the lower right corner it wouldn't match anything newer as Sony relocated the lens on most later models. Not sure what that control just in front of the viewing window does. I had a CCD-TR5 quite a few years ago, it was really short. The attached thumbnail is a grab from the manual - you can see how it might line up with both the port and the viewing window on your housing.

If you're planning to buy a newish camcorder, chances are the port won't line up correctly. Or the controls. Ikelite housings are pretty model specific. Newer Sony camcorders have the lens higher and more centered:

Sony-HDR-CX550V-Camcorder.jpg

Any part # on the housing? Ikelite lists model #'s for most of their discontinued early housings here: SONY UNDERWATER HOUSINGS (discontinued)

Attachments

• tr5.jpg
    tr5.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I am not to worried about controls. I can turn camera on before I stick it in or use the remote. No numbers or markings at all which is kind of odd. Not even positive that it is a Ikelite, I have searched on the internet and can not even find something close.

I think it is an old Ikelite - I might have seen something similar once.

Ikelite didn't always sell clear plastic housings - I've seen several older black tube Ikelite housings on eBay.

The controls also look like theirs unless someone retro-fitted them.

You could ask Jean: [user]Ikelite Staff[/user]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom