Anyone have experence with the boat M/Y Aeolus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aeolus is a fantastic boat. We overnighted on her last year as part of a familiarisation trip with Black Rock Diving in Dahab who represent her. I should declare an interest at this point. I run an underwater photography centre and part of what we do is underwater photography instructor training and photo safaris. We were at Black Rock to train their instructors to teach our courses. We then took the trial trip out on Aeolus.

Firstly, she's a big, spacious boat. 26 metres with a dive deck the equal of much larger vessels. Typically this would be the kind of boat that takes 12 to 14 pax. Aeolus takes just eight. So the personal space on the sundeck, in the saloon and on the dive deck is vast. Owner/skipper/host Karim is very experienced and fluent in at least four languages. Food is superb and the service exemplary. That's an attitude thing that is just deeply entrenched in how Karim and his crew do things. Karim has been diving a very long time and will let you dive like a grown up if you are sensible.

My company is back on her in a couple of weeks for a photo safari. We have no intention of using any other boat. We plan to book her again for April. The productivity of being on a boat that is so well run, with such a genuine focus on service, and - let's be honest about her greatest attribute - so few other divers - makes this very special. And , yes, I've been on quite a few liveaboards including the much missed Coral Queen.

Feel free to give me a call on 01268 523786 if you want to discuss the boat some more.

Steve.

We have used the boat repeatedly over the last year and a half and all our customers loved it!
I have nothing to add to the praise sung in the other posts, except that you won´t find a more customer-oriented owner/Skipper like Karim. As he says in the initial briefing:"This boat is yours for the next couple of days" - and it really is.

BTW: The picture you see on the left was taken during an AEOLUS-trip... :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom