Anyone have experience with the DS-50 strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tricia

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

I use an Oly 3040-Z with an Oly PT-005 housing (yes, they are old models, but they do quite well for a relative newbie like me!).

I am now looking at strobes and am thinking about the Ikelite DS-50 (there are some nice packages for it with the TTL Slave Sensor, etc. at underwaterphotography.com).

Has anyone used this strobe or knows anything about it?

Thanks!
Tricia

Tricia:
Hi folks,

I use an Oly 3040-Z with an Oly PT-005 housing (yes, they are old models, but they do quite well for a relative newbie like me!).

I am now looking at strobes and am thinking about the Ikelite DS-50 (there are some nice packages for it with the TTL Slave Sensor, etc. at underwaterphotography.com).

Has anyone used this strobe or knows anything about it?

Thanks!
Tricia
I use this strobe with the TTL sensor
It works well with a numeric camera
I had a sony DSC P1, using the strobe by puting the sensor in front of the built-in flash of the DSC P1 => good results
Now, I have a Oly 5060wz with the PT020 housing; I will use it for the first time in 1 week in Egypt
I make some test; the strobe supports the preflash of the camera
I think it will be great
It's a good way to have a TTL measurement

Back
Top Bottom