Anyone have or seen the new DAN Safety snausage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dlwalke

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just got the new DAN safety sausage and I like the design very much. Anyhow, I am a bit puzzled as to what the velcro attachement near the top is for (its not the long velcro loop that's used to wrap it up - that's different), and also what the other longer velcro ribbon about 1/3 up from the bottom is for (i.e., the one that runs through a D-ring on the other side of the sausage). Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

>>Don't know, but the kit looks pretty nice.
<<

Indeed! It's a perfect size, I love the full length reflective strip, and the lp inflator port is a nice touch.

Is the lp inflator port the only way to inflate the sausage?

Bill.

Nope. If you press the lp inflator in, you can mouth inflate it in not too many breaths.

-D-

How much are they running? I definitely like what I'm seeing.

Jcsgt:
How much are they running? I definitely like what I'm seeing.

Incredibly, in my estimation, they are only $46. It comes with a whistle, signal mirror, and light stick (the sausage has a sleeve at the top to insert a chemstick) which can be kept in a mesh pouch which is integrated into the bottom of the sausage.

Already showing out of stock on the DAN online store. Anyone know of an alternate source for these?

Willie

My wife won one through a raffle through our local dive club. I think the velco and D-ring at the top is where you can secure the mirror or the glow stick in case you are caught in one of those shorts filling situations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom