Anyone have or seen the new DAN Safety snausage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had this sausage for about 5 months. I've never really dove any place where it would be needed as I've never dove in boat traffic or far enough off shore where I couldn't easily swim in. But I still love the fact that I if I need it I have it. I don't think I saw it mentioned that it also has baffles at the bottom so you can inflate that way if you wish. It also has of course has as previously mentioned the LP inflator hose, which can be inflated by mouth, as well as the mirror, whistle, and glow stick. I bought it through DAN so I am also glad that a portion of that purchase went to them as I am very much a DAN supporter. There might be better sausages out there, but given this more than satisfies my needs and the proceeds go to DAN, it was a no brainer.

DAN says that the current model is "new and improved." Does anyone know what changes they made to warrant the price increase over the last model?

I'm familiar with the new improved model (we carry it). You'll love it. Really, it's hard to get excited about a safety sausage but this one is so well thought out. It's very well made, huge, and the extra mirror, whistle and glow stick are a great idea and it even folds up nicely. This kit is a real life saver!

So just to clarify, as I am looking for a new SMB, can you put your regulator under it and hit purge to fill it? I do not want to hook anything that bouyant to myself with a solid connection, and yes I do know how to swim down as I fill it. Hoping I wouldn't have to with a bottom fill. Just hit purge and let er rip. Also if it does have a flap does it self seal so it will stand up right at the surface with just a little pressure and not loose pressure if it falls over? The SMB I have now is blown up by mouth only and it does not have an over pressure valve. Does the D.A.N. SMB have an over pressure valve? In the pictures it is hard to tell.

Peter_C:
... can you put your regulator under it and hit purge to fill it? ... Does the D.A.N. SMB have an over pressure valve?
It does have an opening in the bottom and is easy to inflate with Octo or Primary or BC exhaust.

It has a rip cord relief valve just as a lift bag has. I am not sure if it is an over pressure valve or not.

Just curious, those of you that have a substantial SMB such as the DAN one, how and where do you secure it? My older BC had a pocket that I could stuff it in if it was very tightly rolled. My new BC doesnt have that option. I have hung it from a D-ring but it sure does add to the danglies.

Willie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom