Anyone have weight they'd like to get rid of?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This makes me think of my "buckets o lead" which now lives in the form of large salmon balls, which I no longer use. It would be cool to have a "melt party" and transform some of this into 2 lb bullets or 3 lb scuba weights.

I also have some yellow and black "coating" spray and dip. dip is probably the way to go for scuba weights. The spray is a little weak.
So all we need is a mold? I have a camping stove, old pot to use, a torch to speed up the melting process, and a long hose to breathe off of with plenty of ummm...nitrox :D

I've got an assortment I could get rid of. I think I could even flat rate USPS it up your way. Not quite sure what it'd be worth...

I've always been curious about how much lead you can get into one of those $7 priority flat rate shipping boxes. If you decide to do it, let me know how much lead it holds. I'd like to see the look on the clerks face when he picks it up.

Many years ago, we found an old military web weight belt 10 miles south of Point Lobos. It was too heavy to swim back to shore. My buddy tried for a few yards and gave up. My new wing could handle it now.

There are some interesting 2lb lead California pinch weights that Tin Man makes. It would be great to customize a weight similar for web belts.

Hey guys...what's a good rate for soft weights? I've been lurking for them on Craigslist for awhile, but have never purchased any. I'd need around 25 lbs. What's a good/fair price in your guy's opinions? Thanks!

I have at least 25 lbs. of soft lead (loose) that I'd gladly donate to someone's cause. I also have 75 lbs. (+/-) of fishing weight-type lead that's collecting dust. Lastly, I have a mold that I would loan to anyone interested.

Interested? Send me a PM; I don't log on here often.

Cheers~

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom