Anyone heard of Guantanamo Bay??? LOL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChunksJR

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey there all!

New diver, loving life underwater trained under PADI in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. Been diving almost every day since certification, I'm enrolled in Advanced classes and will do ResQ next month. Looking to punch out the Divemaster/Asst. Instructor qual b4 leaving here in June.

On my way to Norfolk, VA after this...looking forward to lower visibilities then the Caribbean and thicker wet suits! Anyone wanna dive around August and show me around?!

Look forward to getting home to the wife, but will enjoy my underwater fun here in the mean time.

~Dan

Dove many a time in Gitmo in the 70's, Great diving. Worked at the torpedo shop there. My spouse got certified there. I think after they close down Camp Delta they should open a Scuba Resort. There is some pristine diving found in Gitmo. You have to be pretty good at underwater navigation to avoid coming up on the wrong side of the line.

I've certainly gotten a chance to screw it away more than a few times...including almost a 1.5 hr kick after surfacing to get back INTO the bay with the night currents!

Night dives around here are AMAZING, but man it's easy to get lost!

Back
Top Bottom