Anyone know anything about cars?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is nobody and no way to diagnose car problems via ScubaBoard. Just bring it to a mechanic and have the darn hose or whatever replaced. If it is a fluid leak it ain't that hard to replace the hose yourself.

What does the fluid smell like? Color?
Type of vehicle?
Does look like coolant lines, but i'm only on my phone and its tough to tell for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device

It is a 2001 Ford Escape V6. That is the accumulation after 3,000 miles, I cleaned it last oil change and took pictures of it this oil change. Its a oil or grease of some kind, very similar in appearance to what I saw when my freon tube was leaking. The car runs fine, only 141,000 miles.

PCV Tube, oil discharge, and blowby are giving me allot more luck on google. Judging from pictures on other sites that seems to be it, and I'm overreacting.

Thank you gentlemen.

There is nobody and no way to diagnose car problems via ScubaBoard.

I didn't ask for a diagnosis.

It is a 2001 Ford Escape V6. That is the accumulation after 3,000 miles, I cleaned it last oil change and took pictures of it this oil change. Its a oil or grease of some kind, very similar in appearance to what I saw when my freon tube was leaking. The car runs fine, only 141,000 miles.

PCV Tube, oil discharge, and blowby are giving me allot more luck on google. Judging from pictures on other sites that seems to be it, and I'm overreacting.

Thank you gentlemen.

I didn't ask for a diagnosis.

it's nothing to really worry about there is ways of stoping it with a check valve. It may make you loose about a half quart of oil every 10,000 miles but thats it. If it's still under warranty I would definatly go in there and explain that you think it's the PCV.

Also people can explain things on scuba board. People do come from all walks of life. Diagnosiing cars is actually alot easier then people make it seem.

I'm guessing your pcv is clogged. Fairly easy to DIY on most vehicles. Cheap too.
Posted via Mobile Device

With 141K it has blow by and the hoses are becoming oil saturated. No biggie most cars do just that over time. Since oil creeps it will also look like a bigger leak than it really is. Unless it is dripping out the bottom I wouldn't do anything. Replacing the PCV would be a good investment and only takes a few minutes. An OEM PCV should be less than $10 too. The hoses can be replaced if they spin easily, of course a hose clamp would probably cure the issue too. Make sure the air filter stays clean and is not oil saturated. Replace the air filter if it is at all dirty. In most places they do not last more than 15K.

Cash for clunkers is working great on older cars and yours does fit the bill. Of course keeping it is a better option financially...unless the trans is about to go out. Typically I recommend getting rid of a vehicle when it hits around 150K for numerous reasons.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom