Anyone know how to inflate a Buddy self sealing DSMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OMANDIVER

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, am thinking of getting one of these. Am after advice from anyone who owns and uses a Buddy self sealing DSMB (without the crack bottle) and who doesn't use oral inflate(entanglement hazard) or purge button (free flow hazard) to inflate. How do you do it please? I can only think by using wing inflate/dump buttons? any advice gratefully received.

---------- Post added June 5th, 2014 at 09:14 AM ----------

Hi, am thinking of getting one of these. Am after advice from anyone who owns and uses a Buddy self sealing DSMB (without the crack bottle) and who doesn't use oral inflate(entanglement hazard) or purge button (free flow hazard) to inflate. How do you do it please? I can only think by using wing inflate/dump buttons? any advice gratefully received.

and yes of course i have tried farting into it but was told it wasn't DIR

nothing wrong with using the purge button method. If you dive a long hose, switch to your back-up and use your primary reg. if you dive a "standard" configuration, use your octo.

I use my exhaust vent on the first stage to inflate mine i.e. tilt yur head sideways, but the bag over the upper exhaust vent and exhale until inflated to the desired volume. I prefer this to other methods. Helps to get a little negative first to counteract the increased lift of the bag, depending on how deep you are.

I use my exhaust vent on the first stage to inflate mine i.e. tilt yur head sideways, but the bag over the upper exhaust vent and exhale until inflated to the desired volume. I prefer this to other methods. Helps to get a little negative first to counteract the increased lift of the bag, depending on how deep you are.

Me too. Except I use the exhaust on the second stage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
mathauck do you mean a crack bottle/CO2 cartridge?

Me too. Except I use the exhaust on the second stage.

Thanks for the correction

Well not to answer for whoever you were addressing if it wasn't me, but I prefer not to have to remove/unplug anything in order to inflate the bag; you're exhaling anyway, so exhaust seems like the simplest solution IMO. Plus you get some balance between lung volume and SMB lift.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom