Anyone know where I can purchase a trauma kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You can also try Galls at galls.com, they sell five different kinds of empty hard boxes.

I used to carry EVERYTHING when I first got into EMS some 20 ish years ago. A wise old medic told me he did the same. Then as he learned more, he carried less. FOr my "trauma pack" Im down to two ACE wraps and two SAM splints, a roll of tape and a couple of 4X4s. Most of the crap in the kits never gets used. If you don't have it, improvise!

Wildcard:
A wise old medic told me he did the same. Then as he learned more, he carried less.
LOL - I'm far from wise, but getting too dang close to old! Since I live in a rural area and spend a significant amount of time in the back country, I have worked out what's the minimum I need for me - Suture stuff (for personal and animal use only!!), ALS and BLS airway, and basic bandaging stuff. With this I can improvise most anything. A lot of medics feel the need for IV's. In my opinion - if it's in the back country many hours or days from professional help, one IV isn't going to be enough. If it's close to town, they can wait the few minutes for the medic unit to arrive. My kit fits in about the bottom 1/3 of the usual sized daypack. A hard case is just too dang bulky for my needs. But if I did feel the need for a hard case, I'd go with a Pelican or equivilant.

Not to imply Im wise mind you :)....In my truck I have full ALS (except narcs, to hard to control) but for sledding ATVing hicking ect, My litttle kit and some creative thinking will get 99% of whatever comes along done.

Just wondering, when is hte last time you realy used a BLS airway? I don't even rember my last.

Wildcard:
Just wondering, when is hte last time you realy used a BLS airway? I don't even rember my last.
Used an NPA last shift, or was it the shift before? They're great for the post ictal seizure patient who doesn't need to be intubated...

Anyhow, BLS is better than No LS :wink:

I have found they are more of a pain than they are worth. If the gag is intact, they don't need em and if it isn't, they need manual airway support anyway. Just MHO.

Back
Top Bottom