Anyone know where I can purchase a trauma kit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard:
I have found they are more of a pain than they are worth. If the gag is intact, they don't need em and if it isn't, they need manual airway support anyway. Just MHO.
Manual airway support can be BLS or ALS. It's just a matter of how protected it needs to be. Different systems have different protocols. I'm sure you guys don't save or lose any greater percentage of patients than we do. You asked when I had last used a BLS airway. If used properly, they're pretty easy. If you never use them, they are a pain. I would hate to have to intubate the seizure patient who just needs a couple of minutes to wake up. Intubation is NOT a non-traumatic event, even when done in the OR by an anesthesiologist.

And again today - a jaw thrust and BVM worked just fine until the tube was ready to go.....

I guess part of my problem with BLS airways is they arn't airways, just adjuncts. BLS providers seem to forget this on a regular basis. I have to place most of the blame on the instructors not explaining that the head still has to be maintained in the proper position to hold the airway open. Clasic example was two ? summers ago, the coasties from Kodiak showed up in Homer with a full arrest from an boat off shore. They had an OPA in and bagged the hell out of this guy. I don't think they could have forced another cc of air into his stomach. His head was jamed foreword with no possable way for air to enter but they HAD AN AIRWAY.
I guess the point I was trying to make was that they are seldom used and when they are, proper position will do the same job. Just one more thing in lots of peoples "trauma" kits that will probably not be used.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom