anyone make a tropical weight semi-dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clementyn

Reaction score
does anyone know of a 3/3 or 4/3 range semi-dry that would work for those of us who get a little cold warm water diving (low/mid 70's and above)? does anyone use one? i know whites (and others?) make a new tropical weight drysuit, but what about the semi- dry price point (and luggage weight restrictions to the islands)?

do the dive manufacturers have something to learn from the surf/windsurf/ski suit manufacturers out there? or is the concensus that a semi dry is worthless in warm water?

seems to me such a suit would have a good niche in the market for divers looking for better seals/zippers (or zipperless) and less flushing. call me crazy, but i think something like that new cressi facile uomo semi-dry 5/5 (7/5 according to cressi) on the diveinn site would be the best warm water suit ever - parred down to a nice, flexible 3/3 or so...

any thoughts?

thanks and dive safe
- lorien :)

Back
Top Bottom