Anyone making their own weights?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XS Scuba makes bags for soft weights, cheap. You can buy them from www.scuba.com

They use double velcro closures & are secure. I've been using them for over 2 years now.

For hard weights, all you need is a mold & some lead with a small pot to melt it in. easy to make. Do it outside so you don't breath lead fumes & wear heavy gloves & eye protection.

FYI: There is a guy on EBAY selling lead for a wopping $1 per lb. up to 80LBS shipping for $8.80.

also, Scubatoys has the same weight puches for $0.25 less each plus 10% off for Scubaboard discount...which makes them about $0.50 less each.

Hey, Mike, I make my own weights every day. Oh, you mean the lead on my belt, not what's under my belt. Never mind.

btw, I just took the lead weights from the wheel balancing........cleaned them up really good, then stuffed them in a weight bag like the xs scuba ones.......Why waste time melting them down....its not like they are much more forming. I dont even notice the difference between those and my shot ones. you need to have a scale however, as the weight vary, even individually....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom