Anyone order from LeisurePro? They seem pretty messed up...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The interesting thing about this comment is that LP does NOT sell new Poseidon regs. Look on their site, Poseidon regs are not listed in the Regulator catagory.

However they DO sell USED Poseidon regs. It is very obvious they are used, because the photo's have a big USED stamped on the side, and the top of the page says: Used | Open Box | Demo. :D

I'm betting your brother ordered a used Poseidon! :eyebrow:

Regs last a LONG time, longer than some owners! If you can get over a few scratches or scuffs, they generally operate as new assuming they have been serviced.

My 2007 LP catalog shows 2 pages of Poseidon regs - no mention of used. I wonder when Poseidon was successful in cutting them off.

I've never ordered from LeisurePro or any other online scuba stuff. HOWEVER, if I were to need something badly, especially before a trip, like a dive computer or a regulator, I'd go out to a local shop and get the things and try them out in the pool (maybe on premise, maybe at another place). That way I'd make sure that I have what I need before going off to my nice dive vacation.

I'm not a LeisurePro defender, but I have little patience for people who buy online sight unseen and then act all surprised when things don't go exactly to plan.

If you really want flame then you should have mentioned that your buddies split fins knocked your spare-air out of your mouth while you were penetrating a wreck at 40 meters on your checkout dives....

:rofl3:

With 27 dives, I'm just a newb. However, I took one of those 6 week classes with 3 hours of class and 3 hours of pool each week. This guy was REALLY into safety.

He WOULD NOT allow me to dive in his pool, on checkout dives, or on his dive trips with any equipment his shop didn't check out.

So when I went looking for used stuff, I did it 2 months before my first scheduled dive. I got someone's rig (reg, BC and computer) after looking for a couple weeks, and when I got it, I brought it to him (even though it came with original sales slips and the computer had 15 dives on it).

They serviced the reg (they didn't say it needed it, I just wanted it done) and checked the BC and certified both. It took 2 weeks because the reg tech was on vacation.

Then I went in the pool because I wanted to be familiar with the stuff before I jumped in open water.

What I'm trying to say is: I LEARNED THE LESSON - from my instructor and from SB! Get the stuff checked out before you dive with it, and then practice with it.

The only distraction I had with my used gear on my check-out dive was how cool and almost brand new it was - and how happy I was.

As for LP, I ordered a bunch of weird stuff (one item: the plastic protector for my computer) and some bigger stuff for another trip, and I've never had a problem.

I emailed to ask if they had another weird thing is stock, and Adam answered back they didn't and couldn't get it for me. However, he price matched something else, so as far as I'm concerned, these guys are the shiznit.

My big hobby up until now is photography, and the rule among photographers is: if you didn't order it from Adorama or B&H Photo, then good luck, you'll need it. As someone mentioned, LP is part of Adorama, so I'm pleased to order from them.

One last example: I went to Italy in the summer of 2006. In the summer of 2005, I started looking for a particular lens in the used market. I wanted plenty of time to find what I wanted and get it checked out before the trip. I got the exact lens at a great price and got some superb pictures - with no stress.

Lastly, I've been a computer shop owner for years and I've grown to love FedEx and hate UPS. FedEx has NEVER screwed up a single shipment in thousands I've sent and received, and UPS ocassionaly gets it right. However, in taking informal polls over 25 years from other major shipper/receivers, I've found it's 50/50 in both directions - there's people who love UPS and hate Fedex. It just depends on your particular luck.

So to twist the knife a little bit more: Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my (lp's) part.

My $0.03

I placed my 6th order with LP on Tuesday night Australian time... the delivery arrived via UPS this (Friday) morning less than 72 hours later. Over my six orders I've saved about $2000 compared to what it would have cost me to buy locally (although I do also buy stuff from my LDS, mostly when it's something that I wanted to try on first). Every order I've had from them has been spot on, lowest prices, well packaged and prompt delivery. Love 'em, and always look there first

The only "bad" thing I could say about them is that the information they post in their "Ask the Pro" section is sometimes wrong and/or contradictory. But the benefits far outweigh that minor negative IMHO, it's by far the best dive shop website I've ever surfed, search functions and reviews are great

YMMV

So to twist the knife a little bit more: Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my (lp's) part.

IMO, the quote above, and several similar quotes previously in this thread, sum up the situation nicely. :)

I've had fairly good service from Leisure Pro, but they do hiccup. I wanted a new dive computer, and called with a tech question. The guy answered my question, then said he could take the order over the phone. What he did not say was that I couldn't track my order online since it was taken over the phone.

Then, emails to the guy that sent the order form to me went unanswered - I had to go back to "info@leisurepro.com" to get a status. Turns out "in stock" wasn't really . . . email, email, back to "info@leisurepro.com" to get a status. 'We will ship tomorrow." 4 business days after order, 6 calendar days after order.

Requested status & tracking number via email . . . back to "info@leisurepro.com" to get a status. Finally, I called sales. The guy apologizes profusely and says he'll ship next day air at regular cost. NOW I have a tracking number.

So -- I've had good times, and this not so good time, with Leisure Pro. End result is I will get my item when I was supposed to, so I guess I cannot quarrel with that. Annoyance value was pretty high, though.

PS to Randy, et al -- I'm more perfect than you are! :)

Follow-up -- Smart TEC arrived, EXACTLY as promised (a demo), and the dives are all Factory / diveshop tests. Now I get to test it this weekend in San Carlos

lol... sorry... is "LeisurerPro" even better than LeisurePro? :D
well duh!! of course it is... it is leisurer... it's got the extra "er" like goodER..

One thing that did surprise me a bit was when I checked my dive computer's logbook there was one previous 188ft dive on it from about a year ago. Not sure if this is some kind of test dive!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom