Anyone pre-ordered the DiveRite O2ptima?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Crazyduck:
I am waiting for someone to tell me who is going to custom stock 27 Cu ft steel tanks for this beast? Or are you expected to carry your own-! Youch!
Fitting 2 ltr/13 cf tanks shouldn't be a problem, so any place that supplies them to APD/Jetsam users ought to do. Just leaves a lot of empty space under the cover.

Crazyduck:
I am waiting for someone to tell me who is going to custom stock 27 Cu ft steel tanks for this beast? Or are you expected to carry your own-! Youch!

Thats a very good point, its amazing how we can miss the most obvious things

Actually DiveRite finally added the O2ptima to their website (with new cover) and the text indeed says that 13 cf tanks will fit. Also that the backplate can be folded for travelling (within carry-on limits).

Crazyduck:

Actually, it will accomidate 13 cft steel or al. and 19cft aluminum in the current "housing". Also, one thing that most people forget is that there are hell of a lot of Dive Rite dealers out there. How many shops can you walk into and order parts for a YBOD, Meg etc? Walk into any Dive Rite dealer and..............

DepthCharge:

Also, one thing that most people forget is that there are hell of a lot of Dive Rite dealers out there. How many shops can you walk into and order parts for a YBOD, Meg etc? Walk into any Dive Rite dealer and..............
There are a hell of a lot of Aqualung dealers out there, too.
Most of them not doing any good whatsoever when you try to get Dräger parts.
So how that will play with Dive Rite dealers will have to be seen.

Afaik, none of them is on the rebreather grid yet. The initial deliveries were an exclusive for Dive Rite Express. Furthermore, dealers will only show intrest if they can move units and make a profit doing so. From what I understand the DRE price may well be a DRE exclusive too. And the unit already costs as much as a YBOD, with "options" like sensors as much as a Meg, and the PRISM is in that range, too.

If dealers stay away from the unit their employees are less likely to know what the heck you're talkin' about. Much less stock spares. When was the last time you walked into a Dive Rite dealership that stocked scooter parts. I know none of the local ones here do ... .

With other manufacturers you usually get parts as quick as FedEx or UPS can deliver them to your doorstep.
Jetsam, ISC, SMI and Halcyon are all in North America. SDS stocks APD parts, as do their dealers.

Stefan,
I should have been clearer in my post..........When on vacation, I'd like to be able to walk into a shop, tell them I need this or that, let them do the leg work. No spending time on a phone, no screwing up shipping info etc. I'm on vacation, (+ I'm basically lazy) and don't want to deal with all that. It's much easier and probably quicker for a business to ship to one of their own dealers than it is to an individual. And shipping is definately cheaper shipping to a business than an individual (at least with UPS).

My statement about the tanks were specifically to traveling and trying to match tanks to the unit. Dumpy Stl. 27’s are not something that your average resort is going to want to hear about. This was a prototype that I saw at DEMA last year. I have yet to see the new one in the production state.

Hopefully, I will see one this fall/winter when my Diverite rep gets his- he promised me to have a slobber session over a beer if I brought my own towel. :D
Then I can drop the bomb about the delrin mouthpiece…hehehehhe. :D

I am not going to mention the aluminum plow nose they call a scooter.

However, I am a Diverite fan all and all and they make some great products.

Regards, Andrew

Yo there

We have been diving two pre-production Optima's since February this year and came across a couple of issues which have all been addressed and solved in the current to come out productin unit. The tank isse I addressed while changing from the blockbusters to 13 cft steel tanks from my Movie Meg. It got me much more horizontal in the water and addressed my back pain issue satisfactory. I tried to mount some of my Inspiration tank on it but they are a little to long ...

We developed as well some pre and post dive check sheets, not to forget a thing or three in a rush. See how you like them and let me know what you would change, they should be attached.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

mattmexico:
Yo there

We have been diving two pre-production Optima's since February this year and came across a couple of issues which have all been addressed and solved in the current to come out productin unit. The tank isse I addressed while changing from the blockbusters to 13 cft steel tanks from my Movie Meg. It got me much more horizontal in the water and addressed my back pain issue satisfactory. I tried to mount some of my Inspiration tank on it but they are a little to long ...

We developed as well some pre and post dive check sheets, not to forget a thing or three in a rush. See how you like them and let me know what you would change, they should be attached.

Matt
www.protecdiving.com

How would you rate the unit when compared to whats out there??

and

what you opinion of the unit??

Thanks

Matt,

what I'm most curious about is your feedback on the cartridges.

You're in the (almost) unique position of having used the 'Cave Meg' during your work on "The Cave".
Do you still use the cartridges in your Meg? Why or why not?

Cheers
Stefan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom