Anyone still dive with a Suunto Favor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought a Favor on Ebay about 5 years ago. Changed the battery myself once.
It is a great reliable computer.
Have retired it to spare reg set as now have a Datamask. Main reason for changing was for Nitrox and a metric computer.

My Suunto Favor still works fine after 200 plus dives even though I now only dive a few times a year. I've replaced the battery several times without incident (don't forget silicone grease on the O-ring).
On the other hand the contacts/controls are always a relearning issue - I carry the manual as a PDF in my iPod Touch!

I've been using a Favor for about 7 years and had to change the battery for the first time last year. Its been very dependable and our local shop was able to change out the battery very quickly. I'm upgrading to a Gekko consule that I found that was only 4 years old and for $125 otherwise I would be still using the Favor

I bought a used Favor, on this board, for my daughter. I tried it out prior to giving it to her. I liked it's simplicity. The only issue that I have with it is that the battery indicator shows a low battery all the time, even with a new battery. Other than that,she is still using it with no problems.

Ok, New to diving so go easy on me...

I bought a SUUNTO FAVOR online and took it and the rest of my gear to my local dive shop and he told me that the FAVOR is out of date and in his opinion as my instructor he wouldn't recommend that i use it. He didn't inspect it or anything, just saw the name and said "nope" then proceeded to point me towards the $400 unit he had on his shelf. I'm new at this and could use some help from people who don't have an agenda. Is he just trying to sell me on something?

thanks for your help!

I'd say he's trying to sell you something, or is at the least misguided. It would be one thing if you had showed him, say, a classic Bend-O-Matic. Sure, you would get more features and probably a more easily replaceable battery in a newer unit, and if you bought new you'd probably buy something that handled Nitrox - but if it works it's fine.

Hi!
I need urgent a housing for a Suunto Favor CB double in line...
http://www.suunto.com/us/products/dive-accessories/cb-in-line-housing-> just the one in this picture.
Does anyone has one, Im a graduate student and bought it a year ago. I depend on it for my work.

Please reply!!

I still dive on air with my Blue Suunto Favor S, been using this bombproof computer for over 200 dives (233 to be exact lol)
this has NEVER given any problems home in the North Sea or abroad, it was given to me by my dad and he used it before me.
and I still have the original manual and warranty cards - see pic https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1406282586280449&l=3bbdb9826e

I've been using the Suunto Fusion since 1999. The Fusion is a slightly modified version of the Favor--I think the only difference is a backlight on night dives. As a normal computer, I've had no issues with it. Over the last 15 years, I've used it on ~ 350 dives and it's still going strong. It's definitely a solid computer.

CONS:
1) It doesn't have the capability to store more than 8 dives at a time or to download automatically. However, I've been logging my dives into a spreadsheet for years and I now load them into a Google document that I can access from my iPhone/iPad/etc.
2) No Nitrox capability. This is the only reason I'm considering buying a new computer. However, lack of Nitrox certification and a Nitrox computer has saved me a lot of money on dive trips over the past few years...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom