Anyone still using canon G9?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aseph

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have been shooting UW since 2008 casually , my first UW cam is canon G9, i love it so much because of it i bought a DSLR and learn a bit of photography, this year i have upgraded to oly XZ1 , much more useful focal range, better noise, and faster AF, but for macro i still found my canon G9 still has an edge in focal range with inon wetlens, these especially important when shooting small critter such pygmy sea horse and small nudibrach.

Furthermore I also enjoy shooting bugs and critter on land , short of dedicated macro lens i found the shot i took with my canon G9 + diopter(raynox 250) has more edge than Canon 400d ,oly XZ1 , and EM -5 with its semi macro kit lens.

just like to know weather ppl are still using this camera for UW

my OH is still using this camera and his pics are fantastic, he has it in a G7 ilk housing which he has adjusted himself but unfort hes not got the front port to add wet lens :( which would really blow his pics away. he has some of his photos here Colin Whyte's Photo Galleries at pbase.com i would love to see what he produced with a SLR

hi all,

i still have my g9 with a canon housing but upgraded to a g12 in april mainly so i could attach wet lenses and diopters. but i still take the g9 with me on trips.

just like to know what ppl think of this camera now, theres so much more option , seem i probably keep them for a backup or macro work till ive upgraded to ILC system

I use a G9 in a Patima housing. It is still an excellent compact camera and frankly speaking: I would not make any better pictures with a newer model... and as long as I have not reached the limits of the G9 will I not upgrade.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom