Anyone tried out the Chinese Compressors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drillers

Reaction score
Hi

I've had very good life out of my Bristol 4S7 for the past 7 years but now its come to its last days. It hasn't totally **** itself but the output has dropped off considerably and am know sick of playing with valves and reviving it.

I come from the other side of the globe and have been looking at some chinese compressors that are on the market. Cannot buy them here but can import them from China. the brand names are Gohi and Polyrun. They look like the same machines with different names. They are considerably cheaper from the known brands Bauer, Coltri etc.

Does anybody know of reviews on these compressors. I looked around on the internet but cannot get any reviews at all. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks Grahame :idk:

Did you ever buy ?
I am bout to buy two of the GOHI units...1) 100 lit/min and 1) 200lil/min. 2 compressors with all consumables to run 2000 hours cost me $8000. Gohi is oem for all chinese compressors I have seen, xinran, polyrun, compressors b2b. People are nice, parts in a week. I will let you know, as I can find nothing on the web about them. They build for chinese military and firefighting...what did you do ?
They say they meet en1201....I will test and post BTW, they use Lawrence Factor filters...

Last edited:
Note that the smaller Gohi compressors appear to be identical to Coltri. It would be interested to know if they are really making Coltri copies (if they are going to copy something, why not Bauer?) and if so, just how identical they are. Chinese manufacturers on the net seem to sometimes borrow pictures of products they don't really make, so seeing a picture of product is not always proof it exists).

What I've seen is that if they need real service, the block needs to be sent back to the factory, because although they are somewhat a knockoff of a well known compressor, the machining doesn't meet the same tolerances, so buying parts isn't as straight forward as buying, say, parts from Bauer or Coltri. Factory turnaround seems to be quite reasonable, as long as the freight doesn't bother you too much.... YMMV

I bought a Chinese metal lathe a few years back and it looked like it was assembled in a dirt floor shack. There was painted over sand left from the casting process. I had to disassemble it and clean it then true up everything. Don't want any more Chinese machinery.

Theres quite a few of the smaller models running here. Price is right and they seem to do the job.

I cant say how long they will last as the importer has only been doing them for about 3 or so years now. Unfortunately the importer is concentrating only on the small "domestic" models where there is a ready market, - I would have considered one of the industrial versions when I was replacing one of our Bauers last year, but without a "history" I was reluctant, and eventually just stuck with Bauer which I knew.

Another issue here was the filtration, the units I saw had a completely differant tower set up and need one of their own propietary cartridges - not really an issue I guess, while the importer is bringing them in,...........but I didnt want to be stuck with the hassle of importing my own filters should supply dry up.

Wow..lil ol me writing to Vance Harlow...
Isaac is open to new distributors all over the world and if his product is good I will distribute here in Vietnam. I did a LOT of research on the various chinese distributors, and they are all from what I was able to discern, relabeled Gohi units. I got slightly better pricing from one of the distributors, but Isaac has all the parts in STOCK ready to ship and the prices are quite reasonable. He responds to emails in perfect English in minutes. the manuals are in understandable English, but are lacking in some regards, like torque specs.
A 200 lim/min coltri is $13,000 here in Vietnam.
I got two compressors, consumables to run the 200 liter for 2000 hours and consumables to run the 100 liter for 1000 hours for $8000. Including molecular sieve, oil, carbon, intake air filters. I have my fingers crossed...hope to keep this thread alive !

Oh, I may as well add a picture or two, they look beautiful enough.breathing air compressor, 300bar,diving - Detailed info for breathing air compressor, 300bar,diving,breathing air compressor,breathing air compressor, 300bar,diving,LYW200 on Alibaba.com.
But you should see one I saw from KOREA ! wow, knock out.....but it was 190 lit/min and cost $8000, bent tubing frame, powder coated hot purple, factor filters, auto drains optional. hyper filters...I HAD to have two compressors, I am on a remote island.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom