Anyone try this one? Aoxing 150 lumen 100m LED dive light $79

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9000

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am looking for a small backup/day light. I read the thread here about the Intova. I was looking around DealExtreme and found this:

Aoxing 100m dive light....150 lumen and includes the 18650 battery and charger for $79: DealExtreme: $79.99 Aoxing 100M Waterproof Diving Cree P4-WC 3-Mode 150-Lumen LED Flashlight with Battery + Charger Kit

So I think my choices at this point are:
- The Aoxing

- The Intova (and just live with its delivered power) + rechargeables (either 123As or a 18650)

- The UW Kinetics Super Q eLED (90 lumens): Super Q eLED Rechargeable Lithium Ion

- Something homebrew? Recomendations?

I was surprised to see the SCUBAPRO Nova is only 30 lumens (according to the documentation in the box).

The Aoxing looks interesting, but with a 50 minute burn time, it's a backup for sure.

I have the Intova, and it's a good light, and cheap. It also is limited to 50 minutes burn time on rechargeable batteries, but with LithIon, that is extended to several hours with maybe an hour of full burn, and then slowly diminishing over time.

If this is a backup, go cheap. I've used the Intova as a primary light, and it works well, but nothing like my 10w HID.

The 18650 battery will not fit in the Intova light,tried it the other night,the battery is too fat.I do love that light,very stoutly built,have used it on 4 cavern dives on the original set of batteries,not sure what the burn time is on primary batteries though.

What is the light/lumen output of the Oxychew Raider 1? They have the stats for the Raider III on their site, but all I see about the Radier 1 is it is a 3 watt LED head.

I think that is the Raider III you are talking about? The Raider I uses three AA batteries and claims 4.5 hours burn time. So it must be drawing 500ma or so?

Edit: It appears the Raider I is in the 80 lumen range? I think this is the same light: http://www.piranhadivemfg.com/shop/?shop=1&cart=22985&cat=68

The primary purpose my next light will be to spot things on day dives and be my backup on night dives. In the YouTube video it appears the Raider I has a wider spot that other lights.

From reading reviews here, it seems the Raider III would be the best choice since it has a really tight beam and 250 lumen output, but it is out of my price range for now. I am looking for something under $100.

I am kind of leaning towards the little lithium rechargeable from UW Kinetics...it is 90 lumens and apparently a tight beam. I was also checking out their SL4 eLED, but it is kind of big...I don't need 11 hours of burn time.

I appreciate everyone's feedback so far!

guestimate 200-250 lumen.

I think it uses a Cree Q5 or R2. these put out about 200 lumen at 700ma current draw so a 2500Mah 18650 should run for 3+ hours. Increase the current draw to 1400 which will be needed for 250 lumen and you get about 1.5 hours.

Last edited:
I am looking for a small backup/day light. I read the thread here about the Intova.

- The Intova (and just live with its delivered power) + rechargeables (either 123As or a 18650)

- The UW Kinetics Super Q eLED (90 lumens): Super Q eLED Rechargeable Lithium Ion

I was surprised to see the SCUBAPRO Nova is only 30 lumens (according to the documentation in the box).

First thanks for pointing out that UK Super Q. I was just about to sink a bunch into rental lights and that looks to be the one I actually want. (Plus UK's amazing warranty coverage helps when you are in the middle of nowhere.) Don't like having to use their chargers since that is one more thing to keep track of, but.

What I actually want is a Fenix in an underwater version. But no luck so far. The only light that uses a CREE (like the Fenix does) is the Raider 1 AFAIK, but it does not sound so reliable. The Fenix is a tank. It is brighter than the 4 C cell UK eLed (I have three of of those UKs, and two of the Fenix's. The Fenix's have better color temperature too.)
Fenix: https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=195

(I was asking something along the same lines in this thread:
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/lights/264221-oms-vega-versus-raider.html .My needs are not the same as yours, because I cannot even think about a homebrew for reliability reasons, but maybe that's some more ideas)

I bought the Raider I and it is junk. I guess you can't ask for too much for 60 bucks, but their are better options out there for the money. I was pretty disappointed. I have had other Oxycheq stuff and have been pretty happy but this light didn't live up to all the hype. It was definitely a chinese import. The bright spot didn't even hit the center of the light cone.

I'm going to give the Intova a try.

Dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom