Anyone try this one? Aoxing 150 lumen 100m LED dive light $79

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am agreeing with whoever said this above: That is not a dive light. Clicky switches do not mix with pressure changes.

I think the 100m is just ad-speak. When the name is "Waterproof", it's not for diving.

I bought the Raider I and it is junk. I guess you can't ask for too much for 60 bucks, but their are better options out there for the money. I was pretty disappointed. I have had other Oxycheq stuff and have been pretty happy but this light didn't live up to all the hype. It was definitely a chinese import. The bright spot didn't even hit the center of the light cone.

I'm going to give the Intova a try.

Dave

I agree the Raider 1 is junk. I'm now considering a mod for it. The holder should fix 25500 Lithium Ion (C size) and then i just need to determine how to get into the head. Its looks like it glued shut though. If i could get it off i would definately try a SSC P7 :eyebrow:

Last edited:
I agree the Raider 1 is junk. I'm now considering a mod for it. The holder should fix 25500 Lithium Ion (C size) and then i just need to determine how to get into the head. Its looks like it glued shut though. If i could get it off i would definately try a SSC P7 :eyebrow:

I don't think I would mod the battery pack as it takes AA's which are pretty common and can be bought off the shelf as L.I.

I would like to mod the head though but I also am not sure how to get into the head. It looks like it is built from the back to the front, whit the glass being glued in last. I'm going to wait until I get my Intova before I try and tear this one apart so at least I will have a light.

Then I think I might try and get the head apart. I think it will be very hard to get the glass out without breaking it.

Well we sell a light on our website Piranha Dive Manufacturing and people that have purchased it love it? The manufacturer claims 80 lumens but we think it is closer to 120 lumens.. All I can tell you is that you can go to the dive matrix web forum and read comments about our light and they do like them. Even folks that come here we show the light to so they may really see how bright this little guy is..

We also are running a special this week on this light for $45.99 which is a awesome price for for. We have them on special in four colors: Blue, Red, Silver and a light grey!

If you have any questions feel free to contact us and ask your questions.

Regards
Randy

@Randy

I like your LED light products and your prices! Do you plan on stocking more generic LED lights in the future?

Yes...

In fact good timing because later this week " Jan 12th" we are releasing a new light to our websight. It has 180 lumens and is loaded with many features.

We will be posting later this week in the hot deals sections so if you are looking for a back up dive light you may want to check it out...

Regards
Randy

I ended up getting the UW Kinetics Super Q eLed light. I am impressed...a 90 lumen tight beam and rechargeable lithium battery...and compact size.

Super Q eLED Rechargeable Lithium Ion

I intend to post pics of it compared to a Light Cannon just to give an idea of the beam.

I ended up getting the UW Kinetics Super Q eLed light. I am impressed...a 90 lumen tight beam and rechargeable lithium battery...and compact size.

Super Q eLED Rechargeable Lithium Ion

I intend to post pics of it compared to a Light Cannon just to give an idea of the beam.

I know I want to see the pics. I cannot find one of those Q's in real life out here.

How much did you end up paying for it?
Could you think about using it for a primary for an easy night dive? In other words, could I give it to students/customers to use? I'd be carrying bigger backup, and we'd be diving in 20-30 ft in water clear enough to dive by moonlight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom